ISO information on Permanent Deacon ordination cards

My DH will, God willing, be ordained to the permanent diaconate in a month and I’m checking into ordination cards.

Am curious as to what other permanent deacons have put on their ordination cards.

Thanks for any help!

Debbie

Sorry for my ignorance, what’s an ordination card?

It’s a prayer card (or holy card) that has an image or prayer on one side and information on the sacramental event on the other. Like the prayer cards you get when you attend a Catholic’s funeral, only this would contain the date of ordination, location, etc. and in my husband’s case a prayer that has meaning to him that he wants to share with others. A small memento and evangelical tool rolled into one!

Debbie

Sort of off the subject, sort of not, here’s a web site with “old fashioned” holy cards for funerals. Some of them are so pretty, the pictures shouldn’t be wasted:

rootsweb.com/~ilclint2/prayercards/index.htm

Of course, he’ll want to put another prayer on there besides “O gentlest heart of Jesus…”

[quote=OutinChgoburbs]Sort of off the subject, sort of not, here’s a web site with “old fashioned” holy cards for funerals. Some of them are so pretty, the pictures shouldn’t be wasted:

[/quote]

How cool! Thanks for the link to the beautiful cards!

Debbie

Congratulations to the new deacon to be! I got my cards from “Printery House.” They probably have a web site. Mine were of St. Joseph and Jesus in a carpentry scene. On the back was a prayer and name and date of Ordination. The price was reasonable.

God bless,
Deacon Tony

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.