Israel navy kills four Palestinian 'militants' off Gaza

Israel's navy has shot and killed four Palestinians wearing diving gear off the Gaza coast, officials say.

The Israeli military said the boat was carrying "a squad of terrorists wearing diving suits on their way to execute a terror attack".

The al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, a militant group linked to Fatah, has reported that four of its men were killed and a fifth is missing, according to Israeli media.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/middle_east/10252229.stm

The al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade said the men were engaged in training, according to the reports.

And from a different news source:

According to the online edition of one Israeli newspaper, the pre-dawn attack was launched by the Shayetet 13, the elite naval special forces unity that carried out last week's raid on the Mavi Marmara, killing nine of the activists on board.

Attempts by Palestinian groups to launch seaborne attacks on Israeli targets are rare but not unheard of.

In March, a number of barrels filled with explosives that washed up on Israeli beaches were allegedly the work of militant groups in Gaza. They were all successfully defused by Israeli sappers and caused no injuries.

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/7807851/Israeli-troops-kill-Palestinian-terror-attack-divers.html

Hope they met their 72 "Virginians". (misspelling intended) Refering to old joke heard after 9-11

i saw video footage today of palestinians carrying the body of one of the slain militants through the streets while an angry mob accompanied the body.
so this will definitely turn up the heat on an already explosive situation over there.
i understand why israel is on alert and i would tend to believe israel's version of events, but one never knows for sure i guess.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.