Israel/ Palestine

As I sit here and watch the events of this evening on television, I pray that changes in the Middle East will soon bring peace. I know that there are those on this board (stillsmallvoice in particular) who live in that region. I want stillsmallvoice and any others here to know that many of us pray for peace in that region on a regular basis.

May a change in leadership in Palestine bring Muslims, Jews, and Christians closer to peace in our Holy Land.:gopray2:

[quote=e-catholic]As I sit here and watch the events of this evening on television, I pray that changes in the Middle East will soon bring peace. I know that there are those on this board (stillsmallvoice in particular) who live in that region. I want stillsmallvoice and any others here to know that many of us pray for peace in that region on a regular basis.

May a change in leadership in Palestine bring Muslims, Jews, and Christians closer to peace in our Holy Land.:gopray2:
[/quote]

I think only prayer could bring this. The Holy Land is almost a oxymoron. It has only sprung violence since Abraham’s people set their eyes on it. It amazes me at times that our Lord came as Man there.

Sadly I think only the 2nd coming will stop the violence there. So prayer for him to come again and wipe the earth of the need of violence.

Hi all!

Without breaking my self-imposed rule never to get drawn into online discussions of the Israeli-Arab dispute, I note that our Sages teach that Isaac & Ishmael reconcilied when they came together to bury their father Abraham. I pray that the Children of Isaac & the Children of Ishmael may learn from this & reconcile.

Thank you for your prayers!

Be well!

ssv :wave:

As a rabid supporter of the Palestinians, I can only see this as a good thing. Arafat was not good as a leader for the Palestinian people, and was little more than a criminal on financial matters. He had a knack for rallying people, and I personally don’t believe that he gave much support to the predominant terrorist groups plaguing the Israelis, but his days as a popular leader were long over before even the Camp David meetings, IMO. Most Palestinians I’ve spoken to feel the exact same way, but they generally have a position of “not showing weakness” by publically criticising the only leader they’ve really had.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.