Israelites enemies,now modern day Islam

What happened to all the Israelites enemies? What happened to all the tribes they conquered? What happened to all the tribes that conquered them?

Are they now modern day Muslims because they don’t want to accept the Old Testaments doctrine on how there ancestors went to war with the Israelites?

I would think that it would be hard for the Israelites enemies to accept the Old Testament but as for me, I am staying with Jesus Christ.

comments please…

Thousands of years of history happened to them. Ethnic groups change as time goes on.

I’m not really sure what to make of the rest… The ancient Canaan groups that were in the Old Testament, I’m assuming, were subsumed into the Persian Empire, then Alexander’s Empire, then the Roman Empire, etc. etc. until now. Islam, as a religion, started elsewhere in the world.

What happened to all the Israelites enemies? What happened to all the tribes they conquered? What happened to all the tribes that conquered them?

There are only theories. I would propose that with the rather incredible and rapid advances in genetic testing, it won’t be long where there will be a worldwide database identifying both the lost tribes of Israel, as well as Israel’s historic enemies (Edom/Esau, the Amalekites, etc.).

The Jewish Sages commonly referred to Edom/Esau - Jacob’s red-haired brother - as the Roman Empire. The Amalekites were believed to be a part of Italy as well.

That’s on a “physical” level. On a spiritual level, we are all descendants of Adam, and later, Noah. Noah’s 3 sons: Shem (Asia), Ham (Africa), and Japheth (Europe).

Accordion to the region they lived in those times, Egypt, Syria, Gaza.

I see all those countries are mostly influenced by Islam, unless the enemies moved out of the territory, I would think they have become modern day Muslims, all but the Greeks and Romans.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.