- no caffiene. This is going to be a toughy. I needs my morning cup of coffee and my afternoon diet coke! how do I deal with the exhaustion?
You think you need it, but you really don’t. I used to drink a normal amount of caffeine, and now I drink NONE. I can’t, it’ll keep me up till the wee hours of the morning, even if I drink decaf tea which still has a little caffeine in it.
I would suggest switching to decaf coffee and go to bed 1 hour earlier. Do you like tea? Herbal tea or something like hot apple cider would both be great.
Aftificial sweetners are bad, especially for growing babies. Switch to Sprite, Sierra Mist, Root Beer if you’re “needing” soda/pop. Other ideas are good ole water, lemonaide, fruit juice, milk (including chocolate or flavored milk).
Try to mostly just drink WATER!!
- eat three meals a day. Ok I DONT EAT BREAKFAST. I am usually queezy in the morning and the prenatal vitamins are NOT helping. I dont eat breakfast usually pick at my lunch but normally do eat dinner. any ideas?
Take the prenatal vitamin at another time of day.
Try eating a piece of fruit for breakfast, or a piece of toast, or some yogurt. Or here’s an idea, and it can replace your coffee at the same time. You need a blender. Make yourself a smoothie. Add milk, juice, and/or yogurt. Add some fruit such as banana, strawberry, peaches, etc (try frozen berries too). I made one the other day that had a little milk, a little yogurt, a banana, a few strawberries, and a few ice cubes. It was good.
- keep stress low. HAHAHA ok…that may be the toughest of all, im a wife, a daughter and a sister and a full time student, I eat sleep and breath stress!
Learn some relaxation exercises. Take some time for yourself. Try a hot bath, reading a magazine, getting exercise (if you’re not one who normally exercises, try yoga, pilates, Jazzercise, exercise videos, or walking…just something that you can do a couple times a week and enjoy it)
- I quit smoking since we decided to try and conceive but and having one heck of a time staying quit. Any success stories with quiting?
I’m not a smoker but I can imagine how hard it is!
- No alcohol. this is fine and dandy by me, I dont like to drink unless with friends. no issue at all. except hubbies cousins wedding is coming up. These are country folk and theres usually quite a bit of drinking going on and I have always been a part of their party scenes. So when im not drinking what do I say since we have decided to keep this between us?
Get a gingerale with a cherry and a little umbrella and who’s going to know!
Other than that everything is great! I am right on track to have a beautiful healthy baby very soon God willing!
Just try to make little changes toward your goal, and you’ll get there! If you backtrack, just keep trying!
I highly recommend The Family Nutrition Book by Dr. Sears.