Issues -

Hello. I’ve been troubled the last 4 months with some issues at my parish. I’ve learned a deep lesson that still hurts but I will continue in my faith as I’ve young ones to bring up in the Catholic faith.

My question is should one be ostracized for questioning the directions of funds for a social ministry or other social works by the priest in one’s parish? Even the financial committee can not get answers from him on the direction of other funds.

Also, since I technically am a “leper” in my parish, why are the priviledged “accusers” still able to be eucharistic ministers even though they are still mudding my name around the parish even though I’ve done no wrong. I’ve only bandaged the bleeding for many (8-9) months that was created by a thieving employee of ten+ years.

My crime I assume is being told I could no longer have anything to do with this social ministry and also backed away from the drug programs which I started in our parish. Those who step in are angry I assume because they were not aware of the amount of HARD WORK required to continue this ministry. I’ll call them “yes people” for the priest.

I’ve been accused of everything that’s gone wrong, as if I was the thief, not the philandering employee.

Please advise. The heat is becoming more intense in TX and is getting to my mental state of mind.

Hi T Tx,

I’m really sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

The first thing that comes to mind is the Our Father. Especially the parts that say “Thy kingdom come, on earth as it is in heaven.” and then, “forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.” I’m not about to preach to you my friend, but I just want you to remember something that Our Lord has shown me about these phrases. We want to do HIS will…and we want to be forgiven as we have forgiven. So…the rest probably explains itself. I confessed some anger and the good priest reiterated that to me as counsel and penance. It helps.

sigh All that said, have you thought of relocating to a different parish since things have gotten so bad?

Pax tecum,

[quote=TroubledTX]Hello. I’ve been troubled the last 4 months with some issues at my parish. I’ve learned a deep lesson that still hurts but I will continue in my faith as I’ve young ones to bring up in the Catholic faith.

My question is should one be ostracized for questioning the directions of funds for a social ministry or other social works by the priest in one’s parish? Even the financial committee can not get answers from him on the direction of other funds.

Also, since I technically am a “leper” in my parish, why are the priviledged “accusers” still able to be eucharistic ministers even though they are still mudding my name around the parish even though I’ve done no wrong. I’ve only bandaged the bleeding for many (8-9) months that was created by a thieving employee of ten+ years.

My crime I assume is being told I could no longer have anything to do with this social ministry and also backed away from the drug programs which I started in our parish. Those who step in are angry I assume because they were not aware of the amount of HARD WORK required to continue this ministry. I’ll call them “yes people” for the priest.

I’ve been accused of everything that’s gone wrong, as if I was the thief, not the philandering employee.

Please advise. The heat is becoming more intense in TX and is getting to my mental state of mind.
[/quote]

I’m sorry but I’m a little hazy on the details of what you’re speaking of. If you could explain exactly what has happened, starting from the top, I think you’ll get plenty of help. As it is your question is a bit confusing; remember that we have no idea what is going on in your parish so we need a direct/explicit explanation of the situation.

we’re praying for you, troubledtx

maybe it’s just another case of people being people…

and another chance for one to be more Christ-like…

:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.