It gets better every time

Hello everyone,
I went to confession yesterday, as usual I confessed my usual and regular failings :o, I am constantly amazed at the love, kindness and sincerity shown me by the priest in the confessional.
I go to a different parish to confess,(yes I am embarrassed to go to my own priest, although not always, depending on the sin);). I thank God over and over for this wonderful opportunity to be forgiven and welcomed back, I say to anyone, if you are hesitating to go to confession,as I sometimes do, please go, you will be warmly received.

God Bless,
                                                   Mick. :thumbsup:

I’m so glad that you are starting to get an understanding of just how powerful and beautiful this sacrament is! Just remember the love and kindness shown by the priest and multiply that by hundreds of times. That is the love and kindness shown by Our Lord everytime we turn from our sin and back to him. I’m sure you know the parable of the prodigal son. That is a beautiful parable of confession. Even before the son gets a chance to come all the way back and beg forgivness of his trangressions, the father starts throwing a party, rejoicing his son’s return.

I’ve noticed, though, that the more sinful I’ve been, the harder it is to walk into that confessional, usually. I think that is a great trick by the devil, since he can only successfully attack someone when at their weakest, and how weak is someone when cut off from God’s grace and burdened under a mountain of sin.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.