It keeps getting worse

now I've found out that a few of my closest friends knew about my ex and his new girlfriend (a girl who is supposed to be my friend) and they kept it from me all this time and have only just told me they knew before i did even though ive known for nearly two weeks.
I actually don't have any person to trust anymore. I always put my friends first and never lied to them about anything and never took sides if there was a break up.
I try to be a good and forgiving person but the more I try the more **** I am getting to deal with and I cannot do this anymore. I am sick of asking God to help me and not getting anything in return except more pain. I'm starting to get tempted to leave the church, but I don't want to do that. I really don't. I just wish God would let something go right for me for once :(

**Trust in Jesus!

He will never fail you. He never said it would be easy, just that you can spend eternity in Heaven with God if you do what he asks.

“And he said to all: If any man will come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.” (Lk 9:23)

The “DENY HIMSELF” is the hard part!**

You are in my prayers.

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

Even Jesus had his Judas.

He died on the cross for you and you’re complaining that you’re surrounded by sinful people? God is trying to make you a saint. Nothing else matters. Reality hurts, offer it up for the conversion of sinners. Accepting your crosses is the only way you’ll grow to be a saintly person. That’s the role of the church and your ultimate destiny. Don’t threaten to leave the church, because things aren’t perfect here and now.

Please don’t jump on me for telling it like it is. After all, that’s what real friends are supposed to do, no? Your friends failed to do just that, not God, and not the church. From your post I assume that you’re a young person, so this is just another step towards greater maturity. It’s a gift, not some kind of a curse as you seem to imply. Quit thinking about who has a relationship with whom, but think of your relationship with God and you’ll find peace. When He commanded that we love Him above all else, He wasn’t joking.

God will help you. You have to let Him. If this person is your ex why do you care?

I am praying for you. I can’t imagine the great amount of pain you must be in.

Remember though that God isn’t doing this to you. ALl of this is sin and satan is working to bring you down. Jesus will hold you through all of this if you let him.

On a different level, bear in mind that friends that can’t respect you enough to not hurt you aren’t friends you need in your life. You deserve better than that.

[quote="milletsmo, post:1, topic:181383"]
I am sick of asking God to help me and not getting anything in return except more pain. I'm starting to get tempted to leave the church, but I don't want to do that. I really don't. I just wish God would let something go right for me for once :(

[/quote]

Have you ever given any thought to the fact that perhaps you are the one that is wrong and not God? God did not cheat on you. He loves you. Maybe when you asked for him to help you, he allowed you to see what your ex was really like. And now, instead of thanking Him, you want to leave the Church? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Exactly! If anyone knows how you feel… its Jesus.

Lifting you in prayer. God is your "true" friend.

Peace,
Kathleen

"I am simply content to find myself always imperfect, and in this I find my joy. Good deeds count as nothing, if done without love" ~ St. Therese of Lisieux

:flowers:

Praying.

Dear milletsmo~
Took a long while to sit back, pray & write the following prayer for you. Upon posting it, I can see that some of the others were thinking the same thing: that one can not reject Peter because of Judas.
One shouldn't blame Christ and His Church because some people behave in an un-Christlike manner.I have the feeling you already know that, though.. because it's obvious you're a "good egg" who often takes the high road. hug Sadly, you've been hurt by those you trusted & are feeling the effects. Deceit, betrayal.. it hurts! It's also not from Christ.
Been there myself, just last week, with certain family members. But you know what? No matter what influences them in what they do (or don't do), it can't shake my faith. Took a while for me, but I finally recognized betrayal for what it really is & its ultimate goal. I resolved to never let it win.
That bitter cup of deceit and betrayal is one from which we all, eventually, must drink. Yet Christ is ever here with us, calling us to continue following Him, to live by His example. As you know, it's not the easiest path, because Jesus has many enemies. Yet, as you also know, His is the right path. Now, here's my lonnng *prayer for you. *another* hug* ~BriarRose

~+~
Lord Jesus,
I contemplate Your betrayal, at the kiss of one of Your Twelve chosen.
At Gethsemane, You suffered immensely. Then, even as You were speaking,
along came he whom You had befriended, he who ate with You, drank with You,
traveled with You, and lived with You.
Judas,
who kissed Your beautiful cheek,
delivering You up to the mob,
to be mocked and scorned,
beaten and bruised,
unjustly condemned
and crucified.

As I contemplate this, know that I am a faithful follower of You, Lord Jesus.
I love You and I love my neighbor, trying my best to live by Your example.
Today, I come to You, betrayed by my friends, asking for Your help and guidance,
for the closer I get to You, the more Your enemy seeks to prevent my doing so,
attempting to undermine my faith; to destroy my Trust in You and Your Church.
It seems the closer I get to You, the harder things become!

But the more I think about it, the more I begin to see.
It goes way beyond crossing the line and cheating a friend.
It goes far beyond my friends concealing things, keeping secrets behind my back.
I realize that they are unaware of what influenced them to make such hurtful choices.
I can see past the actual offenses to the ultimate goal..
It's a weapon, a tool commonly used, a sharpened wedge
Your enemy wields to attack one's faith, to divide and conquer, to get one's soul.

Rather than lie down in defeat, give in and give up, I will defend my faith and hold on to my treasure!
I will cling to You ever more tightly! I will do what confounds evil and sends it packing..
living by and following Your example, Lord Jesus!
So then, I will pray for those who hurt me!

• In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, May they be contrite in their offenses, may they correct their depraved passions. May whatever enticed them to such deeds be driven out and away, to the depths from whence it came, that their repentant hearts may be made new and clean, as fresh fallen snow. May Your Holy Spirit come into them and remain therein, and if it be Your will, may our friendship be healed. If it is not Your will that these be my friends, allow me to persevere. Send Your angels to protect and guide me, send me friends who are compassionate and true.

In this recent bout, I have not lost, nor will I lose. It is the great betrayer who loses, as I hold fast and firm to my faith, living my life through, with and in Christ.

I also pray for wisdom in future encounters, for grace, charity, and fortitude in faith,
that I may never again be shaken, as I place my Trust in You, Jesus!
Who continued to love so willingly,
enough to be betrayed,
mocked and scorned,
beaten and bruised,
unjustly condemned
and crucified
for our sake..
for my sake.

So, may I never lose sight of You, there upon the Cross,
knowing all You did for me and for us, that we may be forgiven.
May I never forget the promises You made, or take them for granted,
for You Lord, are my strength and my shield, and I trust in You with all my heart! Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death,
Amen.

Praying, don't give up...

also, true freinds don't hurt each other on purpose...make sense?

God bless your friends for trying to protect you from hurt, knowing, in any case, it was the boyfriend's responsibility to inform you. Beacause you are so emotional it may have been extremely difficult to your friends to dare to tell you. May God help you to understand why your friends acted as they did, and to understand why your boyfriend may have chosen someone else, and that out of it, God whether wishes you to become more mature and more ready for a healthy, longterm relationship.
May God surround you with light and love. :)

PRaying for your healing.

Praying that the Lord sheds some light on the mystery behind this situation and gives you the grace to embrace his plan ...

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

praying...

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.