It pains me not to receive Communion

And though I know that I need the strengthening grace which comes with it, I cannot bring myself to receive it tomorrow, on the Solemnity, due to my sins, my shame and my guilt.

It's been a very hard week for me, harder than it's been in a long time, and I've not carried the cross well during it.

Confession, confession, confession!! Then give it all to God.

You can call your priest to schedule an emergency confession. Please do this today!

You’re right, you need the Eucharist. Remember only mortal sins should stop you from receiving the Eucharist.

God bless you!
Love, Ljubim

[quote="Epistemes, post:1, topic:181488"]
And though I know that I need the strengthening grace which comes with it, I cannot bring myself to receive it tomorrow, on the Solemnity, due to my sins, my shame and my guilt.

It's been a very hard week for me, harder than it's been in a long time, and I've not carried the cross well during it.

[/quote]

:( It pains me to see you in pain over this my friend. My advice is when you say the words, "Lord I am not worthy to receive you, but ONLY say the word and** I shall be healed*"... if at that precious moment you feel God calling you to His Supper, then go and receive Him in peace. Jn 6:37, "I will **never* turn away anyone who comes to me." Peace my friend and may God bless you.

If you are not in a state of mortal sin, don't give in to this temptation to be dramatic. Just receive humbly and thankfully.

If you are in a state of mortal sin, try to get to confession before Mass. If you can't, Saturday's coming very soon.

Betsy

[/quote]

Can you see that circumstances or other people may have caused you to make decisions that weigh on your conscience? Are you certain it is mortal sinning?

Call a priest immediately and go to confession. We love you and are praying for you.

[/quote]

I'm in the same situation :(

I couldn't go to Confession, and I know I need it, so I won't be able to receive the Eucharist tomorrow. :( it's very sad because I really want to. I really miss the Eucharist and tomorrow is such a special feast day. Hopefully I can go to Confession on Saturday.

prayers for you!! I hope you can find a priest by then :)

God bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.