It seems that Islamic God Allah is a different God than the Catholic God with different rules and a bible

We all worship the creator of the universe and life, so it is the same God.

It has been said that theologians reveal more about their own character and traits than they do about God.

Jews, Christians, and Muslims each explicitly declare and profess that the God they worship is the God of Abraham.

This is how I see it also but at the same time some things are very contradictory such as the belief of Jesus being the messiah or not.
According to the differences,it can’t be that both the Bible and the Quaran are inspired by God because this would be mixed messages.
But at the same time,if the Christian says to the Muslim that their holy book is not inspired from God they would likely take offence and likewise for the vice versa situation?

In which way though please because according to Islamic teaching they talk about some ‘sensually orientated’ things such as in ‘their’ heaven being accompanied by lovely virgins with “lovely eyes and full breasts etc” which is pretty poor taste even sometimes by the worlds standards let alone by Christian spirituality standards which puts value on charity and inner beauty and not excessive value on women’s external appearances.

Of course,many Muslims are moderate Muslims and don’t put much emphasis on this because in reality not everyone knows the depth of all their religions teachings but it is still there in their holy book though.

Catechism

841 The Church’s relationship with the Muslims . "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind’s judge on the last day."330

843 The Catholic Church recognizes in other religions that search, among shadows and images, for the God who is unknown yet near since he gives life and breath and all things and wants all men to be saved. Thus, the Church considers all goodness and truth found in these religions as “a preparation for the Gospel and given by him who enlightens all men that they may at length have life.”

All roads lead to Rome.
I’m saying that there is one Almighty God, personal, diverse, multifaceted and indescribable by words alone.
I’m also saying that in my opinion He should be worshipped and communed with most effectively via the Catholic Church, established by God, hence the roads which all lead to Rome.

Oh I thought by all roads lead to Rome you meant that all religions will point to/lead to to the Catholic Church ultimately.

Not really, they point to what’s beyond the Catholic Church, the source of the truth behind the Catholic Church.

A nice idea though, that all religions combine to become the Catholic religion. You never know.

depends on who you ask

the jew and muslim will tell you they do not worship Jesus and God did not have a son.

it appears only the christian wants to be all inclusive

Canadian Cleric Younus Kathrada: Congratulating Christians for Christmas is Worse than Murder

Do you know that you and I must be offended when people say that they worship Jesus or when they say that Jesus is the son of God? Why do our hearts not react? …

There are those who will say to them “Merry Christmas.” What are you congratulating them on? Congratulations on the birth of your Lord? Is that acceptable to a Muslim? Are you now approving of their beliefs? By saying that you are approving of it …

If a person were to commit every major sin — committing adultery, dealing with interest, lying, murder; if a person were to do all of those major sins, they are nothing compared to the sin of congratulating and greeting the non-Muslims on their false festivals.

Exodus 3:14

God said to Moses, “I am who I am.

We just have to accept this, get on with life and strive to live by God’s commandments.

I believe that in every religion you are worshiping the same god or higher power personified as different deities. So whether you worship Allah or Christ they are one in the same even if they are in totally different religions.

@delrey

But how can that be because they teach conflicting things.
Christian and Muslims both believe that their Holy Book is inspired by God but Christianity teaches that Jesus was the last prophet but Islam believes that Mohammed was a prophet.
That’s one contradiction.
Another would be the trinity with Christians believing in the trinity and Muslims not believing in it.
Even if a person thinks God gave one version of truth to some people and another to others this doesn’t make sense because why would God confuse humanity like that and send mixed messages?

Personally I believe Christian,Jew,and Muslim pray to the same Abrahamic God in the way they belief him to be,but ultimately one (either bible or quaran) has to be false because they are contradictory.
There can be two versions of what we believe to be true but there can’t be two versions of actual truth, if that makes sense.
I have no doubt that Mohammed’s messages probably improved the morals and practices of his region very much in his era but if Jesus is truly God,then surely when God was giving Mohammed messages (according to him) wouldn’t he not have pointed him to Jesus?

In theory there should only be one Christian church, because there is only one God and only one Jesus.
The way Christians act towards each other, it would make more sense if there were thousands of gods, one for each denomination.

The ‘allah’ (false god) of Islam, and Abu al Qasim (Muhammad) and Muslims the world over, is not the actual God (JEHOVAH Elohiym) of scripture.

[1] JEHOVAH Elohiym (Elohiym is a plural word, true plural, 3 or greater, Hebrew alo has just a dual plural, meaning two only), while ‘allah’ is never a plural word, only singular

[2] the ‘allah’ of qur’an only ‘loves’ Muslims, while the JEHOVAH Elohiym of scripture, loves all

[3] Muslims do not know the actual name of the God of scripture, and they do not even know the 100th ‘name’ (attribute) of their ‘false god’, ‘allah’, while some of the other 99 ‘attributes’ are in contradiction to the character of JEHOVAH Elohiym of scripture.

[4] Muslims do not accept Jesus as the Son of the Father, and neither is Jesus eternal Deity, but the scriptures clearly teach the eternality and Deity of the Son of the Father, and therefore, Jesus, in the Muslim/Islamic view cannot ever be ‘allah’.

[5] The ‘allah’ of the Muslims is a ‘father’ to no one, for all creatures are ‘allahs’ slaves (including 'Isa, the Muslim Jesus), whereas JEHOVAH the Ancient of Days is called the “Father”, not only by Jesus, but also prophets, apostles, disciples, angels.

[6] the ‘ilah’ (false god) of the Muslims, whom they call ‘allah’ is unable to take on the likeness of sinful human flesh, whereas JEHOVAH Immanuel can and did do so.

[7] etc … - http://www.pearltrees.com/awhn/witness-muslim-mahometans/id3599647

In the year 2000, Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI (then Joseph Ratzinger under the CDF) wrote a Declaration titled, Dominus Iesus. It is well worth reading and can be found here:

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/cfaith/documents/rc_con_cfaith_doc_20000806_dominus-iesus_en.html

His first line is this:

1. The Lord Jesus, before ascending into heaven, commanded his disciples to proclaim the Gospel to the whole world and to baptize all nations: “Go into the whole world and proclaim the Gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; he who does not believe will be condemned” (Mk 16:15-16); “All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the world” (Mt 28:18-20; cf. Lk 24:46-48; Jn17:18,20,21; Acts 1:8).

He describes reasons he has written the Declaration (just some here):

1. The Church’s constant missionary proclamation is endangered today by relativistic theories which seek to justify religious pluralism, not only de facto but also de iure (or in principle). As a consequence, it is held that certain truths have been superseded; for example, the definitive and complete character of the revelation of Jesus Christ, the nature of Christian faith as compared with that of belief in other religions…

He begins to answer these questions by saying:

1. As a remedy for this relativistic mentality, which is becoming ever more common, it is necessary above all to reassert the definitive and complete character of the revelation of Jesus Christ. In fact, it must be firmly believed that, in the mystery of Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God, who is “the way, the truth, and the life” (Jn 14:6), the full revelation of divine truth is given: “No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son wishes to reveal him” (Mt 11:27); “No one has ever seen God; God the only Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, has revealed him” (Jn 1:18); “For in Christ the whole fullness of divinity dwells in bodily form” (Col 2:9-10).

The Catechism of the Catholic Church, under 841, talks about the plan of salvation for the Muslims:

841 The Church’s relationship with the Muslims. “The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind’s judge on the last day.” 330

https://www.kofc.org/en/catechism/index.html

However, this 841 section gives a reference to Lumen Gentium 16 (the 330 you see at the end.) Lumen Gentium (from Vatican II) has similar words but in the very same section those words are followed by:

But often men, deceived by the Evil One, have become vain in their reasonings and have exchanged the truth of God for a lie, serving the creature rather than the Creator.(129) Or some there are who, living and dying in this world without God, are exposed to final despair. Wherefore to promote the glory of God and procure the salvation of all of these, and mindful of the command of the Lord, "Preach the Gospel to every creature", (130) the Church fosters the missions with care and attention.

Link here: http://www.vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_const_19641121_lumen-gentium_en.html

We very easily go off the straight and narrow on our own. That is the nature of sin.

The Apostle Paul said, “if I preach the Gospel, this is no reason for me to boast, for an obligation has been imposed on me, and woe to me if I do not preach it.” (1 Cor. 9:16 NABRE). This verse is also found in Lumen Gentium section 17. He did not say it doesn’t matter what you believe.

Christ came to die for our sins but He asks us to believe in Him (John 3:16).

We all worship God the creator of all that is seen and unseen.

No, we don’t, and simply saying so, doesn’t change the 7 points given. Islam serves a false ‘god’ (‘allah’) and they need to be called to repentance to serve the living God, JEHOVAH Elohiym. Many are ignorant of their condition, yet their religion teaches the destruction of all Christians and Jews, even from the very first Surah, Surah al Fatiha 1:7:

qur’an surah al Fatiha 1:7 (al-Hilali-Khan; official saudi salafi tr.) - The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace , not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger (such as the Jews), nor of those who went astray (such as the Christians).

of which ‘prayer’ is prayed every day by faithful muslims.

Further in

surah al Tawbah or Bara’ah 9:29 (al-Hilali-Khan; official saudi salafi tr.) - Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allah, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

Jesus specifically warned of “false prophets” from the “desert”:

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mat 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.

Mat 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

The Bible says:

Act 14:15 And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:

Act 14:16 Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways.

Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Deu_8:19 And it shall be, if thou do at all forget the LORD thy God, and walk after other gods, and serve them, and worship them, I testify against you this day that ye shall surely perish.

Deu_11:16 Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside, and serve other gods, and worship them;

Deu_30:17 But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;

1Ki_9:6 But if ye shall at all turn from following me, ye or your children, and will not keep my commandments and my statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods, and worship them:

Dan_3:18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

Islam’s idol’s are Muhammad and in the Kaaba (and the black stone ‘god’ thereof, set in the silver frame of the ‘yoni’ (look it up), which is what is really worshipped, even so much as to kiss it)

I have spoken to enough Muslims to know they worship the creator of the universe. We also worship the creator of the universe.

I have spoken with Muslims also and deeply studied their theology, from qur’an, aHadith, Tafisr, Tarikh, Sunnah, Sirat Rasul Allah, Shariah (Reliance of the Traveller), etc.

Ask them who the Creator’s Son is. Ask them if Jesus is also the Creator (John 1:1-3).

You are deceived by them.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.