It seems that Islamic God Allah is a different God than the Catholic God with different rules and a bible

Nor does reasserting these “points” bring them in line with Catholic teachings on the issue . . . it has been set forth above.

That the Mohammedans grossly misunderstand the God of Abraham does not turn Him into a separate god!

Arguing from sources that still use the mistranslation “Jehovah” in the twenty-first century is also not an effective way to convince educated Catholics or even semi-educated Christians . . .

hawk

You are assuming the 'Ibrahim of qur’an is that person (Abraham) of scripture. Allow me to assure you (with as much evidence as you like) that the two persons are not the same being. The scriptural person (Abraham) is a real historical person. The 'Ibrahim of qur’an is a figment of Muhammad’s imagination and paganism. Sources upon request.

No, Mohammed’s misperception of the historical Abraham, no matter how distorted, does not stop him from being that person and create a fictitious figure, anymore than the more bizarre and hallucinogenic apocryphal gospels create a different and fictitious Jesus… Nor does it remove those semitic tribes from abrahamic descent.

I’ve seen the “evidence” for claims like this before, and it’s weight is comparable to flat earth’s and creation science. I also don’t look at new “proofs” for perpetual motion machine.

In any event, your positions and “evidence” are in direct conflict with Catholic teaching, and should not be advanced as “fact” or “truth” on this forum.

Both are monotheistic religions and Abrahamic, so ithe two religions are probably best understood as worshipping the same God with totally different understandings of how to do so.

“Mistranslation”? Please study further: Begin at Chapter 11 on PDF (page 444) - https://www.pearltrees.com/s/file/preview/174347811/In%20Awe%20of%20Thy%20Word.pdf

"… In the 19th century, as unbelieving German critics of the Bible were hammering away at the word of God, they tried to refashion God’s name, JEHOVAH. They asserted that the God of Israel’s name should be pronounced Yahweh because, to them, he was nothing more than an offshoot of the pagan deity “Yaho.” Nothing could be further from the truth. The Jews, who generally did not utter the name of God, had used, but ceased using the name JEHOVAH “centuries before the Christian era” notes the classic scholar’s edition of the Encyclopedia Britannica. It affirms that, “…reading what actually stood in the text, they would inevitably pronounce the name Jehovah” (Encyclopdia Britannica, 11th edition (New York: Encyclopdia Britannica, Inc., 1910-11), vol. 15, pp. 311-314, s.v. Jehovah).

The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia admits that in the “older system of transliteration, Jehovah” is the pronunciation. It states, “In the Masoretic text the usual form would give the pronunciation Yehowah [pronounced, Jehovah]”

The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge (New York: Funk and Wagnalls, 1912), vol. VI, p. 117, s.v. Jehovah; vol. XII, p. 470, s.v. Yahweh).

Thousands of years ago, perhaps 3,600, the name JEHOVAH was given by God to Moses. It is seen first in Genesis 2:4 in the Hebrew Old Testament and translated in Exodus 6:3 in the KJV. In his scholarly book, A Dissertation Concerning the Antiquity of the Hebrew Language, Letters, Vowel-Points and Accents, John Gill (1697-1771), eminent theologian and writer, documents the use of the very name JEHOVAH from before 200 B.C. and throughout the centuries of the early church and the following millennium. The Hebrew’s Mishna allowed the name as a salutation (Berachoth, ix, 5); according to Thamid, the priests in the temple could use the true name, but those in the country could only use Adonai (vii, 2); Maimonides said the name was used by the priests in the sanctuary and on the Day of Atonement (Moreh Nebukim, I, 61, and “Yad chasaka,” xiv, 10).

Even commentators such as Nicholas of Lyra, Tostatus, Cajetan, and Bonfrere defended the pronunciation ‘JEHOVAH’ as received by Moses on Mt. Horeb. The name is found in the writings of Raymund Martin in the 1200s and Porchetus in the 1300s. Theodore Beza, Galatinus, and Cajetan, among many others, use it in the 1500s. Scholars such as Michaelis, Drach and Stier proved the name as the original. The 1602 Spanish Bible uses the name Iehova and gave a lengthy defense of the pronunciation Jehovah in its preface. In “the 17th century the pronunciation JEHOVAH was zealously defended by Fuller, Gataker, Leusden and others, against the criticisms…” (EB, pp. 311-314). …"

In any World Religion course you take, Islam is considered an Abrahamic religion. They believe Abraham to be their first prophet. Abrahamic Religions

They also consider themselves monotheistic. Islam Monotheistic

What Islam says it believes in regards the actual Abraham is irrelevant in regards to the facts. They also believe ‘allah’ split the moon in half. They also believe Muhammad travelled to the 7 Heavens (7 not 3 as the Bible says) and saw 'Isa in the 2nd Heaven with John the Baptist and that 'Ibrahim was already in Heaven and higher in authority that 'Isa. They also believe that all man-kind are born muslims, and through circumstances in the world need to revert. They also believe Adam was 60 cubits tall. They alo believe Solomon had the ability to “talk to” animals and hear their speech. I could go on for days.

Then you have misread what I am saying. We aren’t talking about the reality of whether or not it’s true. Of course, I don’t believe it’s true. I’m Catholic. However, that doesn’t make them not Abrahamic or monotheistic by definition. It also doesn’t mean they aren’t praying to the same God as us with a ton of misconceptions on his nature.

Indeed, they are also known to lie (Taqiyya), exaggerate, and deceive, since ‘allah is the best of deceivers’ (mkr).

Again, even if you wanted to accept that claim at face value, it is demonstrable that Muhammad incorporated Zorastrianism into qur’an and Sunnah. It was 'mono-theistic". Also keep note that Muhammad in all the thousands upon thousands of pages of material he was supposed to have said (aHadith, etc) he never once takes upon his lips the name of True and living God, as all prophets from the beginning have done, JEHOVAH Elohiym.

Actually it does, by definition. Compare to Mormonism. Simply borrowing names (with incorrect spellings), dates, places, etc does not give one the right to claim that they are “Abrahamic”. If that is the case they are also Zoroastric, Sabianisitic, etc.

I was going to tell you to compare to Mormonism. They are Christians with really wrong ideas.

I’d advise you to read your Catechism.

841 The Church’s relationship with the Muslims . "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind’s judge on the last day."330

Catechism

You should probably make clear that you aren’t Catholic and posting on a Catholic forum. I see now that you list yourself as simply Christian. It’s not worth debating with you.

Never is. :slight_smile: It seems that Islamic God Allah is a different God than the Catholic God with different rules and a bible

See the following on Sharia by Usama K Dakdok - https://seed04.bitchute.com/rkfhgJJJh25e/fxmJKlNEONfR.mp4

See also Women in Islam

This is a difficult subject. Personally, I do not believe our God is the same as the god of Islam. There are just too major truths in Holy Scripture, Tradition, and at one time the Magisterium that contradict such a notion.

The CCC says what it says, but after researching the subject awhile; even scholars within our church do not agree on where exactly the authors of the CCC were going with the idea except that the people of Islam need the Gospel and someone to share it with them.

Cardinal Raymond Burke said that our God is not the same as the god of Islam.
Following is a quote from Cardinal Burke and a link that will take you to the article about his stance on this and other important matters.

The modern belief that Islam and Christianity are fundamentally the same “is very much influenced by a relativism of a religious order,” the Cardinal said at a recent press conference.

Having done a quick google search; it appears Jehovah Witness have a brief history. Charles Taze Russell was a Bible student; a Free Mason and a minister; he was not a prophet. Yet he is credited with being the founder; he said…

Our own views are not prophecy, but interpretations of the holy prophets of old. – Watch Tower, October 1890
http://rlctr.blogspot.com/2016/12/prophet.html

We have to hope and pray; that God will be understanding of our varied interpretations as to who he is.

I do not know why some believe that the Islamic God is the same as the One, True God. Maybe they do not know Holy Scripture:

1 Jn 2:22-28

Beloved:
Who is the liar?
Whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ.
Whoever denies the Father and the Son, this is the antichrist.
Anyone who denies the Son does not have the Father,
but whoever confesses the Son has the Father as well.

Let what you heard from the beginning remain in you.
If what you heard from the beginning remains in you,
then you will remain in the Son and in the Father.
And this is the promise that he made us: eternal life.
I write you these things about those who would deceive you.
As for you,
the anointing that you received from him remains in you,
so that you do not need anyone to teach you.
But his anointing teaches you about everything and is true and not false;
just as it taught you, remain in him.

And now, children, remain in him,
so that when he appears we may have confidence
and not be put to shame by him at his coming.

They deny the Trinity and deny the divinity of Jesus Christ. Their understanding is highly defective.

Believing they pray to the same God and believing they are saved is two entirely different things. There is only one God, so Muslims can be praying to no one else. Can they be saved through there version of relgion. There is only one path to Salvation and that is through Jesus Christ. The Bible verse you have quoted would imply Jews also pray to a different God.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.