Italian nuns killed in Burundi [CC]

Three Italian missionary nuns were murdered in Burundi this past weekend.Sisters Luci Pulici and Olga Raschietti, and Bernadetta Boggian, Xaverian missionaries, were apparently killed …

More…

I saw this earlier. Very sad. I pray for the repose of their souls.

They are thinking robbery. Very sad. I will pray for them. They commit their lives to help the poor. Missionaries.

How sad. :frowning:

Eternal rest grant unto them oh Lord and may perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. Amen.

This is terrible. Lord have mercy.

DGB

News sources are reporting that the three brutally-murdered nuns were also raped. Saint Gertrude the Great had her 13th century convent life disrupted by a robber, and in her chat with Jesus asked Him to lay into the robber. Jesus told her to pray for the soul of the miscreant. So may we pray:
Most Holy Trinity, all are afflicted by the insanity of sin. Bring all souls to their senses, turning to Thee to make Thy choice of “life and blessing” and remove afar from us the practice of “death and cursing” spawned by hardened hearts, and send Thy Holy Angels to encamp about Thy elect, preserving those whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life unto Heaven with Thee for eternity. Thanks. AMEN

Additional info: cruxnow.com/church/2014/09/08/pope-mourns-murder-of-three-missionary-sisters-in-burundi/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.