Italy earthquake leaves 63 dead, towns in ruins

cnn.com/2016/08/23/europe/italy-earthquake/

The earthquake hit 10 kilometers (6.2 miles) southeast of Norcia at 3:36 a.m. (9:36 p.m. Tuesday ET), and was about 10 kilometers deep, the United States Geological Survey said. Its tremors even rattled Rome, about 100 miles away.

Heartbreaking. Praying for the victims.

Saying prayers for the victims and all their families…

:gopray:

My sister and her family just left Italy this past Saturday to arrive home and they too experienced an earthquake, I believe it was 4.3 or 4.6 on the richter scale. They were visiting her husband’s family in Campobasso. This happened at least 2 weeks ago.

Scary!! My prayers to those affected.

I have experienced earthquakes that big before, and it did not leave our town in ruins…it was scary but those buildings must have been old and unstable. Praying for the victims.

Just woken here to get the terrible news that one of our extended family is missing there. There was a big festival which is why the death toll is going to be so appallingly high… was 159 already

She lives in Rome but was there for the festival.

I know you will add your prayers to mine, and please pray for the rescue workers in their terrible task. Heroes all. and today will be even harder for them in warm weather.

Just cannot believe it. BLESSINGS AND THANKS ALL …

So heartbreaking. Praying for them all.

Praying for the injured and the dead and the rescue teams.

No; It is rocky terrain. Look at film etc from Nepal last year where even sturdy ancient temples were damaged

All depends on the actual terrain what damage is done. The Italian buildings were at least not more that two floors but well built . Look at the blocks.

Praying they bring dogs in to find anyone still trapped but it is looking very bleak now.

Death toll rising and thank God they have dogs working,

independent.ie/world-news/rescuers-search-for-italy-earthquake-survivors-as-death-toll-rises-to-247-34994174.html

It will be hard getting news with so many taken to different hospitals with no ID on them either.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.