It's hard for me not to strongly dislike Muslims.

I’m taking a class with Muslims, and several of them have expressed disbelief that the Holocaust happened. I find this hateful and stupid. My mother’s friend’s father was in a concentration camp for two years, and everytime I think about that I can’t help but feel hatred for Muslims now. If I see one on the street I can’t even look at them. I’ve never considered myself a bigot, but I just don’t have anything positive to say about this group. Is it normal for a totally non-racist person to have such feelings?

I am a Muslim and don’t deny the holocaust…I think anti-Israel sentiments made your classmates accept anything of that sort…

I also want to add ,Muslims of the middle east are influenced by the political chaos of the region…I tend to think that Anti-Jewish sentiments are less common in Islamic countries of central Asia or western Africa

Also, you can find Holocaust deniers from all religions…

Yes, your feelings are normal. No, they are not racist. Islam isn’t a race, it’s just a religion. Not every Arab is a Muslim and vica-versa.

My advice: Turn your anger into prayer. Pray for them. Think of it not as an opportunity to hate but as an oppurtunity to ask God to help them see the error of their ways. He will listen and He will answer in due time.

ditto:thumbsup:

You’re comments really helped me see things in perspective. Deep down I think I knew not all Muslims think like the people in my class, but I was so angry that I don’t think I could see it after what they said.

:blush:

but I believe God is Love.
We Christians know, that we go to defend Christ-Our Lord. But we should love all people, Consider what must a religion be which enjoins on us love , purifies our souls from hatred.
May God guide us:)

Hi Nicolle, ‘Just a thought’ When Satan succeeds in making you hate someone ,he has a victory.
When you pray for your enemy, then You have the victory over Satan
Who is the true enemy of all mankind
Don’t forget. God is in control ! :thumbsup:

Nicolle-Matahari is right. The only thing that I would add is that by praying for them, you also follow Jesus’ example and commands.
44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. (Matt 4:44, NIV)

I went to school with two Muslims from Eritrea. They were not anti-Jewish at all. On the other hand, they did believe that Arabs are only calmed when ruled by an outside party such as the Turks.

You are also right about the fact that Holocaust deniers come from all religions and countries. Lunacy is universal and it doesn’t discriminate.

Good points in this thread by Hadi, et al. It is of course important to always remember that Muslims are just people like everyone, and sensitive to the influences of their environment. If the Muslims you know come from the Middle East, where anti-Jewish sentiment is likely to be quite a bit higher than elsewhere since Israel is in their “backyard” so to speak, then it is easy to get the impression that to be Muslim is to be anti-Jewish. I don’t think that’s the case. I’ve met several Muslims who are wayyyy more anti-Arab than they are anti-Jewish! This is particularly true of black Muslims in some places in Africa. If you ever meet any Somalis, for instance, they are incredibly proud to be Muslim but a lot of them seem to really hate Arabs. Views such as the one voiced in this thread on Somalia Online forum are not uncommon.

When you say “taking a class with” do you mean this as an academic setting? Is the denial of historical facts allowed to go un-checked by the teacher?

some black Muslims even quote the Quran to support Anti-Arab …ayah 9:97

Hmmm…let’s see what we have there, then:

[9:97] The Arabs are the worst in disbelief and hypocrisy, and the most likely to ignore the laws that GOD has revealed to His messenger. GOD is Omniscient, Most Wise.

Yeah, that would seem to be pretty bad, wouldn’t it? But then of course I’m sure you know only two verses later:

[9:99] Other Arabs do believe in GOD and the Last Day, and consider their spending to be a means towards GOD, and a means of supporting the messenger. Indeed, it will bring them nearer; GOD will admit them into His mercy. GOD is Forgiver, Most Merciful.

It seems clearly an admonition to the unbelieving Arabs of Muhammad’s time to join Islam. I wonder what the people who use 9:97 to justify their hatred of Arabs say of 9:99? I think the whole thing’s silly, really. Just because I don’t like your religion doesn’t mean I hate your whole ethnic group. But then, my country wasn’t brought under Arab cultural dominance via religion, so who am I to dismiss the feelings of the Somalis like the one who made that thread on Somalia Online forum? If Somalis want to hate the Arabs, it’s just as sad as anyone hating anyone else. We all come from the same source, ultimately… :shrug:

He, who angers you, controls you!

Hi, it not abnormal for you to have such a feeling. This is the reality that everyone has to face in the real world. It will help if we always remember that as followers of Christ we are called to be different, to be imitators of Him, and like him, to be a sign of contradiction to the whole world. It is easy said than done though.

I’ve included here more quotes paraphrasing the message of the Bible. We can apply some of them to ourselves and they may be helpful for reflection.

*****The good Lord didn’t create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.

When you get to your wit’s end, you’ll find God lives there.

Some minds are like concrete thoroughly mixed up and set.

Peace starts with a smile.

We are called to be witnesses, not lawyers or judges.

Coincidence is when God chooses to be anonymous.

God doesn’t call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage.

If God is your co-pilot - swaps seat.

The task ahead of us is never as great as the Power behind us.

The Will of God never takes you where the grace of God will not protect you.

We don’t change the message, the message change us. *****

Well, I have run into Christians who deny the Holocaust. Should I hate Chrstians?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.