It's Law Now: 'No Social Security for Nazis'

President Barack Obama yesterday signed into law a measure that prevents suspected Nazi war criminals from receiving Social Security.

The new law, the No Social Security for Nazis Act, comes in the wake of an Associated Press investigation that exposed a loophole in US law, was allowing dozens of former Nazis to receive millions of dollars in Social Security.

Recipients ranged from the SS guards who patrolled the Third Reich’s network of camps where millions of Jews died to a rocket scientist who helped develop the V-2 rocket that Nazi Germany used to attack London.

Well thank God we got that straightened out.

I wonder what would happen if we stopped all criminals from collecting social security?

Isn’t this a bit too little too late? If these Nazis were a mere 20 years old when WWII ended, they’d be around 90 years old right now. I’m thinking most of them are dead by now.

Exactly what I thought. But, hey, for once both houses of Congess and the President agreed on something!

I think that the bolded quote is misleading. According to the article:

The bill signed into law by Obama terminates Social Security payments for individuals stripped of their American citizenships due to their participation in Nazi persecutions during World War II. U.S. law previously mandated a higher threshold — a final order of deportation — before a person’s Social Security benefits could be terminated.

Only took 'em 70 years. Most of the targets of that law have long since gone to whichever eternal destination they’re headed for, having already taken Social Security till their deaths.

Purely symbolic. My interpretation is "The Democrats still want Jewish financial backing "

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.