"It's not my fault." Oh really?

acts17verse28.blogspot.com/2010/06/its-not-my-fault.html is my take on a news story in which a teacher hit a 14-year-old student with a barbell, then said it wasn't his fault. It was the national curriculum's fault, the school's fault, and the student's fault... but not HIS fault.

I have SO much more respect for people who acknowledge personal responsibility for their actions!

[quote="NCSue, post:1, topic:201153"]
acts17verse28.blogspot.com/2010/06/its-not-my-fault.html is my take on a news story in which a teacher hit a 14-year-old student with a barbell, then said it wasn't his fault. It was the national curriculum's fault, the school's fault, and the student's fault... but not HIS fault.

I have SO much more respect for people who acknowledge personal responsibility for their actions!

[/quote]

The late Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen used to say that the worst thing in the world wasn't sin, but the denial of sin. Because if we deny our sin, how can we ever repent?

What gets me are the 3 comments on the blog. They all seem to agree that it's not the teacher's fault. I guess there are more and more people these days that don't take responsibility for what they do.

[quote="Scoobyshme, post:2, topic:201153"]
The late Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen used to say that the worst thing in the world wasn't sin, but the denial of sin. Because if we deny our sin, how can we ever repent?

[/quote]

Beautiful-that goes on my kitchen cupboard of Catholic quotes.Thank you and subito santo Bishop Sheen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.