It's not often that I ask for prayers, but could you please pray that I no longer have suicidal thoughts?

I really just do not feel that life is worth living any more. Death doesn’t faze me, insofar that God forgives me from all the venial and mortal sins I’ve committed :(. I have prayed and prayed (for about 10 months now), and this situation is not improving one iota. There are even times when I plead with God for Him to take me away from this miserable state of affairs.

Please pray to God that my suicidal thoughts vanish, and for contentment with the little that I have…

Thank you,
Eugen von Böhm-Bawerk

I will keep you in my prayers my friend.

My dear loving Lord Jesus, hear our prayers for our wonderful friend. Help them in their times of trouble and let them know that through your Divine Mercy they are never alone. You are our most trusted friend and the Light of The World. We pray that Your heavenly and glorious light will shine on the darkness in their life. Amen. :highprayer::signofcross::gopray2:

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Here’s a prayer for you as well:

Oh glorious apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered thy beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused thee to be forgotten by many, but the Church honors and invokes thee universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who am so miserable; make use, I implore thee, of that particular privilege accorded thee of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, particularly (mention your request), and that I may bless God with thee and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise thee, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor thee as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to thee. Amen

Psalm 22

1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me,
so far from my cries of anguish?

2 My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,
by night, but I find no rest.

3 Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;
you are the one Israel praises.

4 In you our ancestors put their trust;
they trusted and you delivered them.

5 To you they cried out and were saved;
in you they trusted and were not put to shame.

6 But I am a worm and not a man,
scorned by everyone, despised by the people.

7 All who see me mock me;
they hurl insults, shaking their heads.

8 “He trusts in the Lord,” they say,
“let the Lord rescue him.
Let him deliver him,
since he delights in him.”

9 Yet you brought me out of the womb;
you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast.

10 From birth I was cast on you;
from my mother’s womb you have been my God.

11 Do not be far from me,
for trouble is near
and there is no one to help.

12 Many bulls surround me;
strong bulls of Bashan encircle me.

13 Roaring lions that tear their prey
open their mouths wide against me.

14 I am poured out like water,
and all my bones are out of joint.
My heart has turned to wax;
it has melted within me.

15 My mouth is dried up like a potsherd,
and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth;
you lay me in the dust of death.

16 Dogs surround me,
a pack of villains encircles me;
they pierce my hands and my feet.

17 All my bones are on display;
people stare and gloat over me.

18 They divide my clothes among them
and cast lots for my garment.

19 But you, Lord, do not be far from me.
You are my strength; come quickly to help me.

20 Deliver me from the sword,
my precious life from the power of the dogs.

21 Rescue me from the mouth of the lions;
save me from the horns of the wild oxen.

22 I will declare your name to my people;
in the assembly I will praise you.

23 You who fear the Lord, praise him!
All you descendants of Jacob, honor him!
Revere him, all you descendants of Israel!

24 For he has not despised or scorned
the suffering of the afflicted one;
he has not hidden his face from him
but has listened to his cry for help.

25 From you comes the theme of my praise in the great assembly;
before those who fear you I will fulfill my vows.

26 The poor will eat and be satisfied;
those who seek the Lord will praise him—
may your hearts live forever!

27 All the ends of the earth
will remember and turn to the Lord,
and all the families of the nations
will bow down before him,

28 for dominion belongs to the Lord
and he rules over the nations.

29 All the rich of the earth will feast and worship;
all who go down to the dust will kneel before him—
those who cannot keep themselves alive.

30 Posterity will serve him;
future generations will be told about the Lord.

31 They will proclaim his righteousness,
declaring to a people yet unborn:
He has done it!

Suicide is a permeate solution to a temporary situation.
It is the sin of Judus and it is not forgiven.
I am a Schizophrenic and considered it many times.
I am praying for you.

✞ Dan

Praying for you too, my brother in Christ, and though I know it is really hard to do, I really strongly urge you to leave no stone unturned in an effort to get some mental health help of some kind! You are suffering so much and you need to let someone help you! I will pray that God will lead you to the right person whom you can trust and not feel afraid, OK?

Please let us know how you’re doing, also. We care about you.

Praying…

May our dearly Father be always with you. Do not get tempted by the devil. Each one of us has a purpose in this life. Each day is an opportunity to give love, compassion, care to all the people that are in so much need of that token of affection. You are a worthy and valuable human being that is needed on this earth, to be good to others and to love yourself also. Don’t you see how much a human life is so valuable. Raise your prayers to the Holy Spirit and He will lift you up from all your burdens. Increase your faith instead of rejecting it, Life without our Father is empty. He changes our lives and therefore our very own person. Ask Him to do His mightly will not your will. Have you ever wonder why are you here? because the merciful arms of our beloved Father is embracing you, He is very near you, trust Him, He is here, within each one of us.
Sending you all good wishes and stay firm in embracing life and light.

Our Father who are in heaven,
hallow be thy name, thy kingdom come
thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven,
give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive our tresspasses as we forgive those who trespasses against us,
and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.
Amen

God have mercy on our dear brother,
Mary our mother bring comfort to the soul of our brother,
we ask you this in the name of the Holy Spirit.
Amen

Will pray for you…but you Must make sure you seek professional help from your doctor and/or a therapistand pray yourself…remember that your depression may not allow you to recognise how God is present in your life right now but He is with you.

I’m praying for you as well.

Mr. Bohm,

This is a thing I’ve had an intense amount of struggle with. Perhaps for different reasons. I’ve always had a morbid fascination with death. Probably because I was reading Sartre, Voltaire and Nietzsche when the other kids were still reading Harry bloody Potter. And I had raised myself an atheist, until I began to contemplate what that actually meant. And I used to be a pagan, and I don’t mean that in the derogative, I was a self-styled pagan… I concluded that what I knew of science and philosophy led to something more… and I was happy until I had my beliefs systemically rearranged by a particularly unskilled, but nevertheless very convincing atheist. I had a great deal of trouble recovering from that, and I prayed to God that he would simply kill me off in my sleep. I explored monotheism as a last resort. I won’t bore you with the rest of my conversion story. And I will not plague with with cliches that tell you to think things out, or to pray your rosary or blah, blah, blah. During my conversion I was my own worst enemy. I was convinced that if God couldn’t be proven in concrete terms than my life was forfeit, and that I should logically kill myself because life without purpose is leben unwerte leben, hoping I remembered that correctly. I spent more time researching Dawkins and the latest anti-God rubbish. I picked apart organised religion, I chose to despair because it was familliar. One of the most irritating pieces of advice on God’s green earth is “life is what you make it.” That’s total hogwash, there’s another choice word I might have used instead, but I don’t know how the moderators feel about brutish obscenity. Life is absurd, critics will say that religion is merely a way for us to cope with the terror of death. That also is ****. Anyone who’s ever committed or considered suicide knows that, they know that religion isn’t the end-all-be-all for emotional cowardice. It remains, atheist, Christian or Jew, that life is a gift, from God or the void. I can’t answer the questions you might have formulated during your journeys between atheism and Catholicism, or occultism, but I have watched the religious affilation in your post-box change. I do, to an extent, understand your beef with life. People suck, there’s no security, achievement is a joke, society is pitiful. I have advice, but it only works if you think like me and are receptive to what I might say. Read your Bible, as sad and hopeless as it might seem… but empty your soul, pain will come with it. Make it extracorporeal and let it all bleed together. In moments of silence, pray, beg, sometimes I scream my prayers, devise a ritual. Read Apologetics, I’ve read many of your questions and concerns, I’m sure you have. I’m sure you and I have asked many of the same. Regardless of our moments of doubt and trembling, God is there. Many would say I cloister myself, but I’ve made God my total priority. For the last year and a half I’ve read nothing but theological discourses, some forty books of Religious philosophy and apologetics. I read atheism only in passing. Obviously, that you ask for prayers, you must cling to some notion of God, whether you deem it illusory or cultural, fammiliar or no, I can’t say. But that you cling tells me you see merit in it. And as for my prayers, you have them, and I am truly sorry that life seems to have dealt you a cruel blow, but please know that despite it all, despite the individual, skeptical urge to deny, Providence is at work in our lives. Individual experience varies and is hard to translate, but everyone has “circumstances” or even more obvious evidences of God and the Angels at work.

May God bless you,

please talk to your family, do not be alone. Your family loves you and needs you. You are irreplaceable for them.

Perhaps you can tell us more. Talking always helps.

I am reminded of Bishop Sheen who said that despair and suicide are truly the work of Satan. Think of Judas. You are in darkness, no doubt. Now more than ever, your faith, however dry you may feel, is what is most important. Hang on!

O Christ Jesus,
when all is darkness
and we feel our weakness and helplessness,
give us the sense of Your presence,
Your love, and Your strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
in Your protecting love
and strengthening power,
so that nothing may frighten or worry us,
for, living close to You,
we shall see Your hand,
Your purpose, Your will through all things.

Praying for you …

Pater noster, qui es in cælis,
Father our, Who are in Heaven,

sanctificetur nomen tuum:
may be sanctified name Your:

Adveniat regnum tuum:
May come reign Your:

Fiat voluntas tua sicut in cælo,
may be done will Your just as in heaven,

et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum
and on earth. Bread our daily

da nobis hodie:
give to us today:

Et dimitte nobis debita nostra,
And forgive us debts our,

sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris.
just as we forgive debtors our.

Et ne nos inducas in tentationem.
And do not us lead into temptation.

Sed libera nos a malo. Amen.
But free us from evil. Amen.

I am sorry you are feeling this way.Prayers for you and God bless

catholic-pages.com/life/suffering.asp

O Christ Jesus,
when all is darkness
in Your protecting love
and strengthening power,
we shall see Your hand,

By Saint Ignatius of Loyola

I hope you are feeling better, dear Bohm. Seeing all the devastation and death on the news in Japan, when death has taken the toll of so many people, i wonder, dear, how could you have suicidial thoughts when you can do so much good in this world. Even by being in contact with the Japanese people on line to give them some kind words could sooth the heart of those suffering ones. We have a mission in this world, we can not think just about ourselves and be immerse in our own little world. Get the courage and strength to put aside all those self centered thoughts and to indulge on them and put good works in action. There is so much to do and to offer in this world, dear. Help those who are in need and by doing good actions you will forget your own pains. Fill your heart with the love of the Holy Spirit and you will find out that the world is not so bad. There is so much people in need that we do not even have time for ourselves.
May the Lord be with you, always. Please keep in touch and let us know how are you doing. Sending you my blessings.

Praying hard for you.

O Christ Jesus,
when all is darkness
in Your protecting love
and strengthening power,
we shall see Your hand,

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.