It's Perfectly Normal: Changing Bodies, Growing Up, Sex, and Sexual Health

Their kind of sex?
Who are
they?

Heterosexual sex between just one man and just one woman can cause/spread disease, too. If you don’t know that, you better buy this book and read it. It’s been around for over 20 years.

A lot of people spend time caring and doing good for others; some of them are even…*homosexual.

:rolleyes:

Be careful! You’re starting to sound like the whispering serpent that came to Eve lol :smiley:

Well said. These books never show a visit to the Clinic for treatment for Venereal disease.

Thank you for the additional detail provided by several posters. I had never heard of the book. I do think it’s grossly inappropriate to discuss many of those issues in a book for children.

I tend to get wary about any discussions of banned books, one because many frequently banned books are actually very, very good, if not suitable for every audience, and because everyone else’s bar for suitability differs. I think when we level charges against books we need to back it up and be clear about specific objections, lest we simply be dismissed.

I do think there can be a place for books about “tough topics” to discuss with children, but it seems like this one is not it.

As a general rule, STDs spread throwing having sex with more than one partner. If everyone abstained until marriage and were faithful to their spouses after marriage, STDs would disappear.

ETA: This is not true of homosexual activity, which leads to disease in and of itself.

:thumbsup: Love it!

Parents, May, need a book like this…but not kids!

This book is filth promoted by planned parenthood.

prolifewaco.com/boycott-overview.html

What I saw of it, left me speechless. I just kept thinking that I “cannot believe that this is written and illustrated with young children in mind.”

Yes. There is something demonic. Or frankly pure evil that seems to be aimed at children. For the life of me I cannot even fathom that someone thinks this benifits children. Which leaves only the alternative of these pp and sexual agenda types. The sheer grooming and perversion of holiness and innocence.

Even homosexuals can abstain and then be faithful to just one partner/spouse. In that case, they would have zero chance of STDs. So your statement that “homosexual activity…leads to disease in and of itself” is obviously false. :rolleyes:

There are as many different kinds of gay people as straight people, so making generalizations about a large group of people is rarely accurate.

Certainly your differing worldview will not change on this thread. But picking this particular subject on this particular thread is not wise.

I’m not the one who started this particular subject on this particular thread. I’m just commenting on something that someone else said about “this particular subject”. It’s also worth noting that “this particular book” even has a section on “this particular subject” (I’m not completely certain what you mean by “this particular subject” but am making a guess).

There are unique health risks associated with the sexual activity commonly engaged in by homosexuals (specifically men). Those health risks do extend to heterosexuals who engage in similar behavior. It’s not wise for anyone to engage in those activities.

Any book that is being pushed by Planned Parenthood’s website is a definite piece of garbage! Are you aware that this book is currently on the 4th grade level reading list? Do you know that on one page there is a graphic cartoon image of a male putting a condom on? Another shows people of all shapes, sizes and body types naked. And this is appropriate for 4th graders? What I’m about to say will irritate some here, but IMHO this is what you get with progressives in power. For they own the education system! Want more of this nonsense for our children? Fine! An election is coming in two months. Vote Hillary.

***“A nation always gets the kind of politicians it deserves. If a time ever comes when the religious Jews, Protestants and Catholics ever have to suffer under a totalitarian state, which would deny to them the right to worship God according to the light of their conscience, it will be because for years they thought it made no difference what kind of people represented them in Congress, and because they abandoned the spiritual in the realm of the temporal.” ***

***~Archbishop Fulton Sheen~ ***

Peace, Mark

I heard this before Sexual Education became mandatory in schools that one of the reasons kids did not get proper sex education was because their parents were embarrassed or incompetent. As if their parents never taught them anything or were the same.

Right now, according to the CDC, there is an STD epidemic in this country. Sex Education was a wrong/bad idea. Very wrong. No one needs a book like that. No one.

In 1960, there were 4 STDs, of which 2 were a primary concern. Today, there are a lot more.

I trust that all rational parents reading this are fully capable of giving a proper introduction and education to their children about sex. Public schools are not Health Departments. It’s time for all men of good will to find out more, and complain to their school if this book, or similar, is being used for “Teaching” purposes there.

Again, this book is 100% inappropriate.

Ed

You misunderstood my statement. Homosexual sexual activity greatly increases the chances of getting certain diseases, even if the two members of the couple have only had relations with each other. IOW, homosexual activity… leads to disease–eg, diseases caused by a type of sexual activity which is not an STD-- in and of itself.

I’m a gay man who has been out for more than thirty years and I can’t imagine what kinds of diseases you’re talking about. Why don’t you give us some examples of these diseases. I do have slightly high cholesterol, but I don’t think that is caused by homosexual activity. :rolleyes:

Health concerns:

medschool.vanderbilt.edu/lgbti/health-concerns-msm

STDs

cdc.gov/std/life-stages-populations/msm.htm

Ed

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.