It's sex o'clock in America

cnn.com/2010/OPINION/05/07/welch.sex.pill/index.html?hpt=C2

I think its a really well done and interesting read, she is able to play on both sides of the issue and makes some strong points. Plus anything from Raquel is dreamy…

What do you think?

[quote="Jermosh, post:1, topic:197681"]
cnn.com/2010/OPINION/05/07/welch.sex.pill/index.html?hpt=C2

I think its a really well done and interesting read, she is able to play on both sides of the issue and makes some strong points. Plus anything from Raquel is dreamy.......

What do you think?

[/quote]

Well I'm going to do my best not to sound negative here. And NO it is not my position to judge her. Looking at the article for itself it would seem that she has taken some wisdom to light over the years which might be to her credit.

However; you must admit that Rachel Welch did live out her dream as a Sex Symbol. And she made millions doing it. How many countless men lusted after the fact with the image she projected. From a Catholic moral standpoint it was nothing to her credit.

Personally for what its worth I find the article tacky in trying to make her life sound morally good even if she has grown to look at her past life with regrets.

Again I not here to judge her.

I would like to take it a step further. Raquel owes a debt of sin for each person, mostly men, that were caused to engage in impure thoughts, due to her image. She is partly to blame for the multitude of sin that was spread.

If you think about it for a moment, this debt is huge.

She was an early leader in this economy of sin in the category of impurity.

Finally, anything from CNN is not worthy of consideration. This is a blairing horn of the modern depraved culture.

[quote="rskempf, post:3, topic:197681"]
I would like to take it a step further. Raquel owes a debt of sin for each person, mostly men, that were caused to engage in impure thoughts, due to her image. She is partly to blame for the multitude of sin that was spread.

If you think about it for a moment, this debt is huge.

She was an early leader in this economy of sin in the category of impurity.

Finally, anything from CNN is not worthy of consideration. This is a blairing horn of the modern depraved culture.

[/quote]

You've got my vote:thumbsup: And you wonder why rotten politicians who are self-serving ego fanatics hate the media particularly when politicians themselves feels in some way guilty about their deeds. Of course some just don't give a damn.

Here's something new! A striking declaration of the obvious - the monumentally deleterious effects birth control has had on our society. She doesn't quite go far enough, but much further than I've read anyone of her background and stature go. Also a budding recognition of the sanctity of life in there.

I am not sure it's quite fair to lay at her door all the "sin debt" of those who fell at her image. There's the small matter of the free will of those who consumed it. If a Mary Magdelene repents (and no, she's not quite there), but if she does, is she responsible for all the fantasies she inspired?

[quote="centurionguard, post:2, topic:197681"]
Well I'm going to do my best not to sound negative here. And NO it is not my position to judge her. Looking at the article for itself it would seem that she has taken some wisdom to light over the years which might be to her credit.

However; you must admit that Rachel Welch did live out her dream as a Sex Symbol. And she made millions doing it. How many countless men lusted after the fact with the image she projected. From a Catholic moral standpoint it was nothing to her credit.

Personally for what its worth I find the article tacky in trying to make her life sound morally good even if she has grown to look at her past life with regrets.

Again I not here to judge her.

[/quote]

But she fully admits that she was part of the issue. I also found a starkly strong anti-abortion story with her children, she credited them not made them burdens. Look at the article with non pre determined eyes, I see a glimpse of an apex of the sexual revolution myself.

[quote="Biggie, post:5, topic:197681"]
Here's something new! A striking declaration of the obvious - the monumentally deleterious effects birth control has had on our society. She doesn't quite go far enough, but much further than I've read anyone of her background and stature go. Also a budding recognition of the sanctity of life in there.

I am not sure it's quite fair to lay at her door all the "sin debt" of those who fell at her image. There's the small matter of the free will of those who consumed it. If a Mary Magdelene repents (and no, she's not quite there), but if she does, is she responsible for all the fantasies she inspired?

[/quote]

Possibly a Norma "Jane Roe" of sorts?

True; interesting enough she tried to hide her son out of the media as well.
Her son went to University in Bangor, Maine for four years. It wasn’t until her son graduated with a bachelor’s degree that her son told his fellow colleagues that his mother was Rachel Welch…of course they didn’t believe him despite him bearing her surname resemblance.
Imagine the surprise when she showed up at the bash party.

Oh well so much for the ruddy gossip column

[quote="Jermosh, post:7, topic:197681"]
Possibly a Norma "Jane Roe" of sorts?

[/quote]

Well it's a pretty good start. I was so pleasantly surprised! Made my day.

[quote="Biggie, post:5, topic:197681"]

I am not sure it's quite fair to lay at her door all the "sin debt" of those who fell at her image. There's the small matter of the free will of those who consumed

[/quote]

AMEN!!

Men have been blaming their own lack of self-control on women ever since Adam and Eve. Sheesh.

Miz

"Let he among you who is without sin, let him cast the first stone"

Yes she has a lot to atone for. But redemption isn't done overnight. Yes CNN is dribble, but to be honest, what Raquel Welch wrote was stunning for CNN to have it on their website.

Like what another poster said, what she said is amazing coming from a Hollywood perspective!

Well, praise God that Raquel has seen the light, but why is it that these people see the light after they’ve had their own way. How convenient that she now sees the value of sacrifice, AFTER she no longer has to live out that sacrifice herself. I’m not real impressed.

[quote="Miserys_Fence, post:10, topic:197681"]
AMEN!!

Men have been blaming their own lack of self-control on women ever since Adam and Eve. Sheesh.

Miz

[/quote]

What you say here does have some truth in it though it also can be seen as leaning toward bias.

When it comes to sexual promiscuity both sexes do a fine job making of mess of it for themselves. To say that one sex is more worse than the other concerning sexual provocation has no basis to point fault on one or the other. Promiscuity is an equally shared iniquity between both sexes.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.