I've just met a friend .........................and if you're feeling guilty and afraid he'd like to meet you

One of the saddest things about the forum is seeing how guilty and fearful some can be about sin .

Some suffer from scruples , and that must be horrible , playing havoc with their relationship with God .

There is a healing remedy which was given to the Church on the first Easter Day when Jesus breathed on the Apostles and said , " Peace be with you . Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained.”

An Easter Day gift of Jesus was the Sacrament of Reconciliation / Confession . He must have thought it important to give it on Easter Day .

Through the ritual of this sacrament I have just met Jesus . True if you had been there you would have seen only me and a priest , but the most important one there was Jesus , present by means of the precious ritual of this sacrament . And he has forgiven all my sins .

So if you feel the need for this encounter with Jesus , especially if you are burdened with guilt and fear , go to be reconciled , to be granted peace , healing and forgiveness through the sacrament .

Don’t let fear put you off . Whatever you have done the priest has no doubt heard it all before . Take the reconciliation and healing being offered to you .

Hear these words of the priest " God, the Father of mercies, through the death and resurrection of his Son has reconciled the world to himself and sent the Holy Spirit among us for the forgiveness of sins; through the ministry of the Church may God give you pardon and peace, and I ABSOLVE YOU from your sins in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit +"

credit the artist, Tommy Canning

tommy%20canning%20confession

he is an amazing bloke, scottish. He does Divine Mercy Art. If you get a chance to hear him speak and his story, do so.
He was just here with a Cardinal from Tonga and a young priest from usa and a priest from New Zealand, on their way to a Divine Mercy conference.

He gave us all calendars full of his art.

Thanks . I didn’t know the artist .

I have found this - - - - - - -

he is self taught. he went to Rome and in the process of viewing the art there, kind of had an epiphany about art, and how it should affect us.

Tommy says art today doesn’t affect us like it should. it doesn’t move us. you can buy that painting of his at confession, as a poster. and all his other art. I have it as a postcard, because he gave it out at his talk :slight_smile:

This image! I wasn’t going to share this, but I will after seeing this. In my little parish church I was at Adoration Thursday evening after work. As I was sitting there, reading St. Faustina’s Diary, I look up and to my left. As the sun was setting, the light streaming through the stained glass window on the west side of the church left a distinct faint blue and red ray that spread across the ceiling, and illuminated our confessional. Stunning.

Tommy wouldn’t mind at all, I am sure. His goal is to inspire us with his sacred art.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.