I've re-injured my shoulder and am in excruciating pain

Hey everyone. I re-injured my shoulder again tonight while doing laundry. I had no choice but to do laundry although I knew there was a good chance I’d hurt my shoulder again. Anyway, I’m in excruciating pain and my pain medicine is not helping. I would really appreciate prayers.

Dear Lord Jesus, my blessed saviour
I humbly sacrifice myself to you
I humbly give up my life for you
I humbly give my body to you
To do thy will so that those who suffer
From physical tortures and ailments
Are able to live their lives without pain of suffering.

I am willing to take on those pains
So that they may be healed
From the terrible afflictions that they live with.

I offer myself to you so that all sinners who have died today
And those in purgatory can be forgiven of all their sins
And rest in peace in your merciful love.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thanks to both of you for praying for me. I really appreciate it. I’m still in pain but its not as bad as it was. I just now took a prescription strength Ibuprofen in the hopes that will kill the pain some more so that it is more tolerable.

Please Lord, take this pain from your dear servant and pass it on to me where I will bear it in memory of your passion. May they be healed and healthy once more.

God Bless you

So sorry, I suffer with this too.
Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

I’m sending prayers, too!
Blood and water which gushed forth from the heart of Jesus as a fount of mercy for us, I trust in you.
Help ease the pain, Lord. Sometimes it is too much to bear, though I know you will not give us MORE than we can bear. Let me carry some of it. Amen

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women,and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

O God who are the only source of health and healing, the spirit of calm and the central peace of this universe, grant to Holly such a consciousness of your indwelling and surrounding presence that she may permit you to give her health and strength and peace, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen. ***

Peace, Mark

Hey everyone. I’m in excruciating pain again this morning although as far as I am aware I did not re-injure it again. The pain is on the inside of my shoulder though rather than up and down my arm this morning.

Praying for you, Holly!

Thanks Sojo. I appreciate it. I took a prescription strength Ibuprofen about an hour ago but so far my pain level is still pretty high. :frowning:

Hi everyone. I really need more prayers. My shoulder is in excruciating pain after having a brief respite this morning due to the ibuprofen. Well, now it is worse. Not only is my shoulder hurting like crazy but the pain is shooting down my arm as well. If it gets any worse I won’t be able to use my left arm at all until the pain alleviates.

Our Father who art in heaven
hallowed be Thy name
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven
give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us
and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil
Amen

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession and was left forsaken. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, a sorrowful sinner. Despise not my words, O Mother of the Word, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Heavenly Father, we beseech you to give our sister respite from her pain, most especially at night so she can get the rest she needs to heal. Please cover her with your enduring peace and provide healing to her injury. We ask this in the name of your dearly beloved Son. Amen.

Will keep praying, Holly. Be sure to ice your shoulder every hour for 20-30 minutes. I’ve had a few really serious shoulder injuries and some pretty awful nerve damage. Hang in there!

Amen,

Our Father who art in Heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name, Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from all evil, Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.