Ivory Coast says two hotels attacked [CNN]

Ivory Coast says two hotels attacked

(CNN)Gunmen attacked two hotels in southern Ivory Coast, the nation’s government said in a statement Sunday.

Security forces responded to the attacks in Grand-Bassam, which is located about 40 kilometers (25 miles) from the city of Abidjan.

Video from the scene appeared to show people fleeing. A photo posted by Twitter user @lopezdobe showed ammunition magazines and grenades on the ground near the attack site.

edition.cnn.com/2016/03/13/africa/ivory-coast-attack/index.html

The article notes, in 2 neighboring countries, there have been recent attacks on hotels, in Mali and Burkina Faso.

The victims include five men, five women and one child, the government said. But it did not specify if these reflected deaths or injuries.

If I could have saved that little boy…
I would have given my life to save him.

They killed a child despite him kneeling down and begging. They shot a woman in the chest. They’ve killed innocent people.’
Another witness, Marcel Guy, said a man with a long beard spoke to two children in Arabic and spared the life of the one who was able to recite an Islamic prayer.
‘The Christian boy was shot and killed right in front of my eyes,’

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3490273/At-six-dead-attackers-armed-assault-rifles-grenades-launch-assault-Ivory-Coast-beach-hotel-popular-Westerners.html#ixzz42vUz7ycQ

Praying for that little boy and all those involved

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.