Jack Chick booklets

Hello everyone,

I was at my local post office and I noticed two Jack Chick booklets (thanks Catholic Answers for making me aware of these things!!!) on a table with mailing supplies. I put them in my pocket figuring it was better for me to have these than some unsuspecting person.

What, if anything, should I do at this point? Drop some sort of Pro-Catholic materials off at this post office? Mail some Pro-Catholic materials to the church that is circulating this?

Has anyone had any experience with these booklets, or the people that use them?

Turnabout is fair play…

[quote=JohnL_Duncan]What, if anything, should I do at this point?
[/quote]

I think they would make great kindling for a bonfire…:smiley:

If you were to drop Catholic stuff in there, the postmasters would just remove it based on our freedom from…err I mean of religion.

File 13 and a whispered prayer… :slight_smile:

[quote=dirtydog]I think they would make great kindling for a bonfire…:smiley:

If you were to drop Catholic stuff in there, the postmasters would just remove it based on our freedom from…err I mean of religion.
[/quote]

Granted, and I would ask what they were doing in a public post office at all. The booklets are grotesque fabrications from the few I have seen. :eek: Thanks and God Bless.

If they have contact info, how would you feel about contacting them to send someone over to talk about the bible and the Catholic Church. Perhaps you could open an eye or two yourself. I don’t think they’d read anything Catholic you sent to them, but an invite to talk, they’d likely accept, assuming you’d be easily picked off from your pagan based Catholic misunderstandings.

Good luck and God Bless,

CARose

There’s a Jack Chick parody archive out there:

www.weirdcrap.com/chick

(“Can be offensive alert” on this one… check it out @ your own risk!!)

that is a riot. My advice is (if you’re bored) to print some of these out, put 'em together and leave 'em lying around.

(Warning… the rest of this guy’s website can definitely be considered offensive by many who come to these forums… I think he’s hilarious, but then again I yam who I yam!)

Peace!

[quote=CanonAlberic]www.weirdcrap.com/chick
[/quote]

DEFINITELY OFFENSIVE!!! NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!!! HOWEVER, FUNNY AS … if you’re as thick skinned as I am.

Well, there was this one time that I was short on toilet paper so…

They do have contact info, but I’m not sure I’m a good enough apologetic to go head to head with someone that hates the Church.

[quote=CARose]If they have contact info, how would you feel about contacting them to send someone over to talk about the bible and the Catholic Church. Perhaps you could open an eye or two yourself. I don’t think they’d read anything Catholic you sent to them, but an invite to talk, they’d likely accept, assuming you’d be easily picked off from your pagan based Catholic misunderstandings.

Good luck and God Bless,

CARose
[/quote]

I would like to drop off some Catholic stuff, but not sure what. Any idea?

[quote=dirtydog]If you were to drop Catholic stuff in there, the postmasters would just remove it based on our freedom from…err I mean of religion.
[/quote]

[quote=dirtydog]DEFINITELY OFFENSIVE!!! NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!!! HOWEVER, FUNNY AS … if you’re as thick skinned as I am.
[/quote]

Thanks for upgrading the “offensive alert” to at least “orange”. After looking at this site again, I have to agree with you. Please, if anyone looks at this site, consider yourselves forwarned!

Peace!

[quote=CanonAlberic]There’s a Jack Chick parody archive out there:

www.weirdcrap.com/chick

that is a riot. My advice is (if you’re bored) to print some of these out, put 'em together and leave 'em lying around.

(Warning… the rest of this guy’s website can definitely be considered offensive by many who come to these forums… I think he’s hilarious, but then again I yam who I yam!)

Peace!
[/quote]

Ack, very offensive. Almost as poor as the tracts, ALMOST. :eek: Thanks and God Bless.

[quote=JohnL_Duncan]I would like to drop off some Catholic stuff, but not sure what. Any idea?
[/quote]

Pillar of Fire, Pillar of Truth.

shop.catholic.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/p-CB021.html?L+scstore+xxdl4974ff002b00+1119083455

Great Idea. I will get a couple of these and drop them off as replacements. :smiley:

[quote=Chris G]Pillar of Fire, Pillar of Truth.

shop.catholic.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/p-CB021.html?L+scstore+xxdl4974ff002b00+1119083455
[/quote]

I think it a great idea to turn this around and make an effort, as Catholics, to get Catholic pamphets/tracts and leave them everywhere…! It’s about time that we become as aggressive at our evangelization methods as they. When it comes to Jack Chick, and his publications, though…yeesh! He’s just obnoxious and a hateful anti-Catholic. I’d ‘shred’ those.

I keep a stack of Catholic tracts at home. Just the other week I had an opportunity to offer one (it wasn’t accepted, but I think it worked wonders). I had a couple Jehova’s Witnesses knock on my door. I would have invited them in for a discussion, but I was alone with my two young children (and I don’t usually invite anyone in the house, even these two). But when asked if I would take one of there ‘Lighthouse’ publications…and responded, “I will, if you’ll take one of mine.” It took a few seconds for the man to recover, and he said that they didn’t accept materials from other people. They quickly excused themselves and moved on. So, if you’d like to even use them to ‘repel’ JWs from your doorstep (when you don’t have the time to invite them in, or can’t)…they’re useful!

I just always have them. I’ve dropped them in the mail, anonymously. I’ve left them in different public places. If I had more, I’d do it much more often!!!

If we could spread the word, using this thread, I’d suggest getting as many tracts as we all can, and hand them out or leave them everywhere possible!!!

It does a soul good!!! Let’s counter some of the bad information out there, and bring em home!!!

I have some tracts about the size of a business card dealling with the errors of faith alone. I keep them in my wallet. I leave them in Bibles in hotels for example or in Baptist literature in their church when I visit them (they need something honest in there;) ).

It is generic but gives Scripture proof against the herisey of faith alone.
Who was it that passed out tracts and converted thousands back to Christian Faith and away from Calvanism? I think it was in Switzerland in the 1500’s? He braught home like 75,000 souls?

I believe it was St. Francis de Sales that used tracts to correct the Protestant error in Calvanism.

catholic-forum.com/saints/saintf03.htm
cin.org/saints/fransalb.html

[quote=CanonAlberic]There’s a Jack Chick parody archive out there:

www.weirdcrap.com/chick

Peace!
[/quote]

If you think that’s funny, this: revolting.com/1.2/chick/chick.html is lethal :smiley:

There are four pages of it - it’s beyond hilarious :slight_smile:

Chick definitely has an imagination - no wonder his, er, publications have a following of devoted fans and collectors

As for Psycho Dave and his site - it’s not for all tastes; definitely not. ##

A great place to leave tracts is on top of the toilet paper dispenser in public rest rooms. Almost evryone likes to read while doing their business. Of course there is a danger they will get flushed and the janitor will probably remove them before day’s end, but by then they may have been taken or read several times. I have often found the protestant leaflet “The Four Laws” in that location. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.