Jack Chick materials from family

I’ve received a publication put out by Jack Chick from my mother with areas highlighted slamming the Catholic Church. I’ve recently been receiving a publication from a Baptist organization out of Texas that no doubt found me through my mother.

I’m not sure how to deal with this without being disrespectful. We are not close (my mother and myself). She also sent a letter to my daughter telling her I made a big mistake burying my son in a Catholic cemetary. This is a very sensitive area for me but I ignored it. Since she is not a person to be ignored, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dear K,

You might want to give your mother our Catholic Answers special report: “Chick Tracts / Their Origin and There Refutation”. After all she isn’t worried about disrespecting you and your beliefs. I don’t see giving her such material as disrespectful anyway. We also have an article in our March 2004 issue of “This Rock” about an interesting meeting between Jimmie Akin and Jack Chick.

Should you be interested in obtaining the tract, you can order it through our main website (catholic.com) or by phone: 888 291 8000.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.