Jack Chick on the Vatican

I saw someone else post something else on Jack Chick and I thought I’d start a new thread based on the following site: revolting.com/1.2/chick/vatican.html

Jack Chick’s beliefs about Catholicism are insane but I’ve seen similar arguments put forward by many evangelical preachers.

Oh my goodness! Thanks for the laughs! I especially loved this quote: “Behind the crucifix are strong demonic forces giving out tremendous power, as depicted in vampire movies”

Because, of course, we get our theology from cheesy movies!
Do people actually believe this garbage!!!:confused:

I know!!

Hilarious eh??

You think the fact that a crucifix can actually be used to repel evil forces (in cases of the demonic) would be evidence that it is a good and holy symbol. But in Jack Chick’s eyes it’s totally the opposite because it’s depicted as sending out demonic forces in vampire movies.

In every vampire movie I’ve seen, the crucifix is used against vampires.

Everyone pray for Jack Chick!

It’s always nice to see that there is someone more loopy than me…:whacky:

I dare say it is too late to even pray for Jack Chick. (Or maybe this is Satan’s way at corrupting the church as everyone knows that the devil’s best weapon is a chick with a sense of humor!)

Seriously though, this one stood out the most…

Ku Klux Klan

The KKK was created by Jesuits following their failure in the Civil War, in an effort to prejudice African Americans and liberal whites against Protestantism. They are, to put it mildly, a negative PR organization.

The KKK was founded by two men as a sort of fraternal club down south after the war simply to give them a place to congregate and relax during the rebuilding of the south. It was later members that used it to try and keep the newly freed slaves from gaining too much freedom. It basically was put down late in the 1800s and was virtually defunct.

But the KKK that we know best, which re-occurred in the early 20th century, was first revived by a former Methodist minister. It consisted entirely of White Anglo-Saxon Protestants. Blacks were their first target, followed by Catholics, Jews, and then foreigners.

So it is interesting to hear dear Jack proclaim it was invented by Jesuits to prejudice blacks and liberal whites against Protestants! The sad part is that there are literally millions of people out there who are willing to believe the most ridiculous nonsense.

Thal59

You guys have it all wrong. Jack Chick is a Jesuit plant. The deal is that Chick publishes all this stuff just so that non-Catholics will look at it, see how insane it is, and figure that if somebody as messed-up as Jack Chick hates the Catholic Church, then the Catholic Church must have something going for it . . . . Presto! Converts!

Wow,

Haha, that’s the funny thing about him, there’s probably more people turned away from his cause by his comics than turned onto it.

Hate is such a horrible thing. Hate is Anti-Christian!

ROTFLMAO!!

I remember reading Jack Chick’s history of Catholicism. It was a real hoot. Did you know the Jesuits murdered Abraham Lincoln? That the Catholic Church invented Communism and Nazism as ways to destroy Russia and take her over? The guy is a certifiable nut. The tract began with a vandal desecrating a synagogue, and the response of the good Evangelical was, “That’s no neo-nazi, that’s a Jesuit.” The guy has nothing going on upstairs. Very entertaining though, if you can contain your blood pressure.

Jack Chick is the ANTI CHRIST !

From the website:
Islam:
Mohammed was a stooge selected and seduced by a female agent of the Vatican to create a new religion for the Arab world-under doctrinal guidance of Roman Catholicism “advisors”-which would conquer Jerusalem for the Pope.

Do Larry, Curly, and Moe know about this?
Is this a left-wing Shemp conspiracy?
Should we notify Art Bell?

:rotfl:

why do people say those things about jesuits?

…aw, the one human being that it’s ok to…

http://members.cox.net/jimmyakin/images/jack-chick.gif

jimmy akins sketch of jack chick

Well, Ignatius must have been doing something right for Chick to not only think he was evil, but super evil. Muahahahaha!

Jim Jones was “a powerful warlock and a well-trained Jesuit”.

Gee, without Jack Chick I would never have known this little tidbit. Jim Jones a Jesuit?

It’s very sad that people actually believe this rubbish.

I think its even more funny how he compared his comics to those of Communist China…hmmmm propaganda?

I think it would be fun to be confronted by one of his goons that believe this stuff.

What a sad person!

[quote=mercygate]You guys have it all wrong. Jack Chick is a Jesuit plant. The deal is that Chick publishes all this stuff just so that non-Catholics will look at it, see how insane it is, and figure that if somebody as messed-up as Jack Chick hates the Catholic Church, then the Catholic Church must have something going for it . . . . Presto! Converts!
[/quote]

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I hope you’re right.

The really sad thing is that some people already hate us Catholics and everything that the Church stands for and then when they read this total nonsense, it serves as confirmation of they **want **to believe.

Shannin

Jack Chick is just a hateful bigot who needs to get a conscience. Or maybe even get mental help - from a Jesuit psychiatrist :slight_smile:

Chick is the Hitler of today. Instead of blaming the Jews for EVERYTHING, he blames The Catholic Church.
Thank goodness most people see him for the certifiable loon he is.

Jack Chick is the ANTI CHRIST !

No, the Anti-Christ won’t be this funny.

It reminds my of the Monty Python skit about the funniest joke ever written. The author immediately dies laughing. They decide to translate it into German and use it as a weapon against the Nazis. As a safety precaution, each translator is given only a single word. One of the translators saw three or four words and had to be hospitalized. I’m having nearly the same experience reading this.

The Jesuits helped develop many cults: Freemasons, Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Science, and many others, to serve the interests of the Vatican.

:rotfl:
That’s as far as I got. For my own safety I’ll have to leave it for now.
Thank you, Jayson. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.