Jane Velez-Mitchell

Does anyone watch "Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell" on HLN (airs just before Nancy Grace)?. I really enjoy her show and that she draws awareness to the violence against women and girls, which seems to happen more and more everyday. I am disappointed that she is now living a lesbian lifestyle and featured Marianne Williamson (A course in miracles) on her show last night -- but I truly agree with the vast majority of her philosophy and has some very apropo opinions.

I watched her a few times until that whole Octo-mom drama and she started ranting about over- population. By that point, I had enough of her.

[quote="Guy, post:1, topic:182970"]
Does anyone watch "Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell" on HLN (airs just before Nancy Grace)?. I really enjoy her show and that she draws awareness to the violence against women and girls, which seems to happen more and more everyday. I am disappointed that she is now living a lesbian lifestyle and featured Marianne Williamson (A course in miracles) on her show last night -- but I truly agree with the vast majority of her philosophy and has some very apropo opinions.

[/quote]

how can you be catholic and want to watch marianne williamson and her course on miracles?
i didn't know about jane velez mitchell lifestyle, but she seems really hard and agressive, so i guess it doesn't surprise me to hear this.
i have heard her speak of her addiction - to alcohol i think.
she is annoying in a lot of ways.

[quote="7_Sorrows, post:3, topic:182970"]
how can you be catholic and want to watch marianne williamson and her course on miracles?
i didn't know about jane velez mitchell lifestyle, but she seems really hard and agressive, so i guess it doesn't surprise me to hear this.
i have heard her speak of her addiction - to alcohol i think.
she is annoying in a lot of ways.

[/quote]

I said I was DISAPPOINTED she featured Marianne Williamson -- and I put a comment on her Facebook page the dangers of the "Course in Miracles" and posted Sharon Lee Giganti's web address.

I was talking of Ms. Velez-Mitchell's philosophy, not Ms.Williamson's

oh, sorry. i guess i misunderstood your post. i thought you were disappointed in her lifestyle as a lesbian. :blush: many apologies.

Actually, I am disappointed in that, too, but she does not make her lifestyle an issue, but concentrates on the war on women (violence) and on addictions.

i guess those are two topics that are important and need to be addressed. violence against women has always been around. whether the numbers are higher now or not i do not know. whether the number of people struggling with addictions now is higher i don’t know either, but our society would be a lot better if we had less of both.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.