Jeans face an uncertain future amid yoga wear rage

sfgate.com/news/us/article/Jeans-face-an-uncertain-future-amid-yoga-wear-rage-5735296.php

How about a debriefing for those who cannot open this?
thanks!!

bostonherald.com/business/business_markets/2014/09/jeans_face_an_uncertain_future_amid_yoga_wear_rage_0

Totally agree buddy, they should make an excerpt a requirement.

Excerpt:

NEW YORK (AP) — Americans’ obsession with jeans is beginning to wear thin.

Jeans long have been a go-to staple in closets across the country. After all, not many pieces of clothing are so comfortable they can be worn daily, yet versatile enough to be dressed up or down.

But sales of the iconic blues fell 6 percent during the past year after decades of almost steady growth. The decline is being driven by women, but men’s interest in jeans also is fading. Why? People more often are sporting yoga pants, leggings, sweatpants and other athletic wear instead of traditional denim.

Then a bit of history.

A lot of people can not open up links that easily.

Okay, women liking Yoga wear I can see but not men so much and I think yoga wear for men is often such as baggy shorts and the like. Different from women, IMHO.

(Bud-ette. Cheezey is a :curtsey: )

Thank you!!

And the day I wear leggings for fashion is the day I become a naturalist.
They are the silliest looking things, uncomfortable (more so than ill-fitting jeans could ever aspire to be), and just plain silly looking on most women. A young girl, maybe. When my 47 y/o boss wears them, I cringe, thinking she forgot to either change from her pajamas, or worse, clothe her lower half. Worse yet, they are not high enough for a physical job, if you catch my drift.
Ewww…

Yoga pants are all the rage here in L.A., but if I started wearing them on my 50+ well-fed manly physique, the trend would end quickly! I’ll stick with my jeans or cargo pants.

The yoga pants of today are different than the yoga pants of 10 years ago. I had a pair of pants plus a top that was in the style of yoga wear but the fabric wasn’t ideal for workouts.

Yoga pants are black stretchy pants similar to the stirrup pants of yesteryear without the stirrups. People wear them with long blousy tops. They’re comfy, and a black option to blue jeans. Black jeans just never look good. They always look old, no matter how “new” they are.
This has been going on for at least 4 years. Nothing new. :coffeeread:

The pajama pant thing is pretty much over except for moms in the pre-school carpool line.
None of the young girls here wear them anymore, nor the boys.

Beides, I cannot find yoga pants that aren’t a mile too long for me.
Not much of an exaggeration…I want the kind that have flared bottoms.
Ah, such a good joke in that…
:smiley:

Yoga pants may look fine on all those skinny minnie’s out there but NOT on us fatties. :blush:

I just hope that clothing manufacturers don’t start downsizing their denim selection. I already have a hard enough time finding something that fits right and I’m not about to give up my jeans!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I’m a big girl and I would never go out in public in yoga pants. I have respect for other people, and they just don’t need to see it!

It seems that a lot of larger girls are following the trend however and when I see it I cringe for them. I suppose they don’t realise how silly they look.

If you look at the latest Levi’s ads for men, the jeans are loose. There are some skinny jeans still, but I don’t see men wearing them much. It seems that this “uncertain future” is of women’s jeans.

Um, are there yoga pants for guys? Former pro wrestler Diamond Dallas Page is a yoga enthusiast, but I don’t see myself wearing yoga pants. After all, I’m a guy!

Um, when was the last time that grown women wore leotards in large numbers? Do adult ballerinas wear leotards anymore? LOL

Yeah, there are yoga pants for men also. Most of the guys think abut girl’s running tights when they hear about yoga pants. Nowadays, yoga pants do not just sweat pants, they come in a multipurpose look. I gifted tom( he is my husband) a pair of yoga pants and a gym membership to get on track of his new year resolution.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.