Jeb Bush Will 'Actively Explore the Possibility of Running for President'

Jeb Bush announced this morning that he will “actively explore the possibility of running for president of the United States.”

Bush, 61, said he made the decision over the Thanksgiving holiday in consultation with his family.

“As a result of these conversations and thoughtful consideration of the kind of strong leadership I think America needs, I have decided to actively explore the possibility of running for President of the United States,” he said in a message posted on Facebook today.

“In January, I also plan to establish a Leadership PAC that will help me facilitate conversations with citizens across America to discuss the most critical challenges facing our exceptional nation. The PAC’s purpose will be to support leaders, ideas and policies that will expand opportunity and prosperity for all Americans,” Bush said in the message, which he also tweeted. "In the coming months, I hope to visit with many of you and have a conversation about restoring the promise of America.”

abcnews.go.com/Politics/jeb-bush-actively-explore-possibility-running-president/story?id=27633330

He’s running…

Bush vs. Clinton would really make it a painful election period. It would probably require record amount**$** to encourage many to even make a trip to the polls. But I vote regardless, if not a write in…Bush.

I would vote for Jeb before I would vote for almost any Democrat, but there is a not-very-short list of non-Democrats for whom I would vote before I would vote for Jeb.

Jeb Bush seems like a decent guy, but can he overcome his last name?

I know the country is tired of Obama (as it always gets tired of a president at the end of a 2nd term) but it remains to be seen if it will elect another Bush.

I am trying to think if there is any name you could put that would make me say I would vote for Hillary Clinton?

I guess he’s making it official. Could be interesting.

Amen and amen. People - especially around here - used to be concerned with the Kennedys as the “royal family,” but who would have thought that we’d be in a place where the presidency would bounce back and forth between multiple members of just 2 families? Before I’d vote for Hillary - or, heaven forfend, Elizabeth Warren - I’d send apologies to Queen Elizabeth and ask her to take us back.

Bush vs. Clinton? It’s like 1992 all over again. :stuck_out_tongue:

Except this time Bush will win

:smiley: I like your optimism, Bob. :slight_smile:

Hillary has two major problems:: Bill :eek: and her left-hangingness. :eek: :shrug:

I hope he runs!!!

:thumbsup:

If Cuomo became a republican and won the primary.

Your poll is incomplete, you only listed the two democrats…

I wish Mrs Bush (Sr) would shake Jeb Bush and tell him No!!! I am sorry, you don’t get to be Pres because someone or even two someones in your family were.

What does JB have to offer? He’s a nice guy, he’s a Catholic convert (:)) but seriously, anoher Bush after first decade of the 2000s… he’d definitely be beaten to a pulp by association. Clinton I don’t think can garner much enthusiasm on the left on her own, but I can see her winning if he’s her opponent, again by association.

This is *such *a stupid move–I can’t believe the GOP is not telling him to stop. Just stop.

Abd hey, does anyone know what happens to left-over campaign money? Maybe that’s the secret to all these people running–qui bono? Suivez l’argent!

Yes, we will always get coverage of candidates this early even, but the important part is vetting them, what do they think, say, what is their record like? And of course, what they would do if elected.

And the majority of voters will stay home.

If this happens I go third party.

Conceivably I could go the same way.

It is extremely disappointing how that budget was passed after the Republicans were victorious in the elections. So, at the least, they need to shore up their drawbacks, nationally at least. State-wise and local may be a different story.

The ones elected in November 2014 will not be sworn in until January 2015 and the Dems still have the Senate until then. :stuck_out_tongue:

You are aware that Republicans will not control both houses of the congress until January of 2015?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.