Jehovah Witnesses

Responding to Jehovah witnesses
youtube.com/my_videos_edit?ns=1&video_id=wsjEtXNuxV0

This link leads me to my own video, I think you should copy the link from a normal window and not while you are in your own account.

Here is a corrected link: youtube.com/watch?v=wsjEtXNuxV0

Thanks and Blessings

this is the good link
youtube.com/watch?v=wsjEtXNuxV0

“You’ll never get sick. You will never grow old. And you will never die.”

Although the above words come from the movie “Cocoon,” they could have come
from the Watchtower Society because this is the same thing they have been proclaiming for decades as part of “the Creator’s promise of a peaceful and secure new world that is about to replace the present wicked, lawless system of things.”*

This very appealing prospect attracts many people to begin to study the Bible with Jehovah’s Witnesses. It then sustains them as they eagerly wait for the fulfillment of this promise.

But during the course of their study they get drawn into an illusionary concept involving the Watchtower organization that gradually takes over their decision-making process and even their conscience without them realizing it. It happens because of a mistake that everyone makes before they decide to become a Jehovah’s Witness.

Captives of a Concept identifies both the concept and the mistake that causes people to become captives of it. The book also offers a few suggestions about how to help Jehovah’s Witnesses correct their mistake and teach themselves the truth about their religion.

The book is designed to help the reader understand the illusionary concept mentioned by former Governmg Body member Raymond Franz in his Crisis of Conscience, which holds Jehovah’s Witnesses captive by dominating and controlling how they think and act.

It explains how the leadership has been able to keep themselves(and millions of Jehovah’s Witnesses convinced that “the Watchtower Society is God’s organization” no matter what the Bible says or what went on in the organization’s history.

Additional information at CaptivesOfaConcept.com

They* have* been proclaiming that for decades. And more and more are proclaiming it. In 50 years they have grown from 1 million to nearly 8 million evangelizers.
If someone comes to your house with a Bible in their hand wanting to talk about God’s Kingdom – 99% likely he is one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. :wink:

But I’m not sure of your opinion here – Do you believe God promises this peaceful new world or not? :confused:

The way you say “no matter what the Bible says” suggests to me: “no - you don’t believe in the new world the JW’s teach”.
– but Jesus did.
He taught Christians to pray for it. “Let your Kingdom come, Let your will be done on earth…” (Matt 6:10) :thumbsup:

At Luke 23:43. Jesus promised the criminal being executed beside him “you will be with me in paradise” (not heaven)

If you do believe in God’s promise of a new world- *why is Jesus allowing JW’s to be the ones proclaiming it if they are a false religion? *
Matthew 24;14 says the Kingdom message would be preached worldwide. Why isn’t a true Christian religion fielding 8 million preachers telling people about it? :shrug:

Regardless,

I have seen you do a much better job in the past defending your faith. Surely this can’t be the argument you want to use. This argument can be used by most any religion.

Peace!!!

Yes, doing their best to fill their monthly quota of visitations as required by the WTBS. I have seen the maps and witnessed the pressure that some are under in trying to accomplish their quotas. One was an employee of mine. I felt sorry for her.

What should he do, send a lightning bolt? There are plenty of false religions and God allows all of them to exist and allows their members to proclaim their false message. Are you trying to say that because God allows you to knock on doors that this is somehow proof of the true religion?

Sorry, the Catholic Church beat you to it centuries ago.

Peace my friend, I hope all is well. I sure hope we can continue our discussion via PM; still waiting on you :slight_smile:

**Luke 23:43 ** 43 And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.” (NKJV)

**Luke 23:43 ** 43 And he said to him: “Truly I tell you today, You will be with me in Paradise.” (NWT)

See the difference between the two translations? Jesus uses this opening in this sentence many times throughout the New Testament, but this is the only verse that I am aware of the NWT translating it differently (see Mt 18:3, John 16:20.) Notice how the NKJV and just about every other Bible state “Assuredly, I say to you” or “Truly, I tell you” and then have the comma, the NWT plays a game with the comma and puts it after the word today on this particular verse, why?

What implications would it mean if Jesus were to promise the criminal that on that VERY DAY he would be with Jesus in paradise. Not 3 days later when Christ is risen, not at the end of days when there is a “paradise earth,” but the same day.

And my friend, scripture never once defined for us that preaching is “only this” and other methods are not valid. The JW’s don’t get to make up the definition for the word so that it only means door to door preaching. Preaching takes place every single day, 365 days a year, in all places around the globe, by people from all walks of life. Whether you like to believe it or not, Catholics have been spreading the good news of the Gospel ever since that very first Pentecost after the resurrection. How else would you explain all of the Catholic congregations preaching and teaching millions of people (Catholic and non-Catholic) around the world this very day?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.