Jehovah's Witness attends first midnight Christmas Mass

I attended a midnight Mass for the first time, and it was wonderful. The singing was not perfect, there were plenty of folks in attendance whose demeanor seemed to indicate that they were there only for the sake of their wives or parents, and a few who could not stop talking during the service (and people like me, not even properly baptized, glad to be welcomed nevertheless). But there is something about the Mass that rises above it all. In addition to attending the Mass, I am learning that real Christmas, as taught and observed by the Church, is so much more profound, and so different, than what I thought it was. I regret having de-emphasized Christ’s birth in my past, but am grateful to the Church for welcoming people like me to come and observe and be drawn. Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you, Winston Smith!

:christmastree1:

:blessyou:

~~ the phoenix

What a wonderful blessing you have received!!

God Bless you on this very special journey, and soon to be Welcomed Home into Christ’s Church.

Thank you for sharing Winston and may God continue to bless you on your journey.

Peace!!!

What an awesome testimony. Christmas Mass is wonderful, at least I have always liked it.

May God Bless you and give you much strength.

Merry Christmas.

God Bless you are your journey Winston.

Merry Christmas and may you be blessed even more on your journey of faith.

God bless you, Winston!

May He fill you with the grace necessary to continue to discover the richness of the Catholic Faith!

Marry Christmas!

I’m really happy to hear you were able to enjoy a Midnight Mass on the celebration of Christ’s birth!

God Bless and Merry Christmas!

God bless you in your journey! Keep exploring Catholicism. There is SO much to it! It’s beautiful!

Hi Winston,

I am so happy that you were able to go to a Midnight Mass.

Merry Christmas to you, too, and God Bless you, too.

“All are welcome, all are welcome, all are welcome in this place!” WELCOME and Merry Christmas!

People will always disappoint you, but Christ in the Mass never fails. :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas!

Thanks for sharing your testimony.

Please attend more to Mass - maybe you have an opportunity to attend weekday services. I know in out Parish, the Priest opens the floor for prayer requests from us.

If it is possible, please attend the Easter Vigil Mass. It is really out of this world.

May God Bless you on your journey.

Sounds like you might have been at our parish! The church was crowded with people I’ve never seen before. But in spite of the imperfections (and I consider myself one the those) it was wonderful.

Welcome home. You can see from my sig that I’m a convert. I’ve had my ups and downs in the Church over the years, but I’ve never regretted becoming a part of it.

As a Jewish Convert to the faith, it will bring you more joy than you know, keep reading and exploring, The Catechism of the Catholic Church, also there is a good book called
“Catholicism for Dummies” written by a Catholic layperson.

Lord give me an insatiable thirst for you and then quench that thirst.

Welcome and G-D Bless.

=Winston_Smith;11532699]I attended a midnight Mass for the first time, and it was wonderful. The singing was not perfect, there were plenty of folks in attendance whose demeanor seemed to indicate that they were there only for the sake of their wives or parents, and a few who could not stop talking during the service (and people like me, not even properly baptized, glad to be welcomed nevertheless). But there is something about the Mass that rises above it all. In addition to attending the Mass, I am learning that real Christmas, as taught and observed by the Church, is so much more profound, and so different, than what I thought it was. I regret having de-emphasized Christ’s birth in my past, but am grateful to the Church for welcoming people like me to come and observe and be drawn. Merry Christmas!

Welcome to CAF:)

Your description was excellent!

BUT there is very much you don’t understand simply by attending Mass. Profound, beautiful and even life and soul-changing things are possible through the Mass.

We are DELIGHTED to have you join us and to answer what ever questions and issues you’d like to discuss:thumbsup:

God [the One True God] Bless and guide you,
Patrick [PJM]

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen!

Welcome Winston. Wonderful that you would go to midnight Mass. Wonderful also that people were singing, even if imperfectly. Wonderful that people were there at midnight, even if talking.

Will say a prayer tonight for you that the Holy Spirit will continue to guide you to all Truth.

PnP

:wave:I’m one of those imperfect singers, lol. But, I’m pretty sure I kept my tone low last night :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.