Jehovah's Witnesses Bible?

From my understanding, and correct me if I am wrong, The Jehovah’s Witnesses have their own translation that as on person I knew put it, “perverse”. To the extent of this I do not know but, I was wondering if anyone knew of a book are internet article showing this be to true and how to refute it? Thanks and God bless.

You are looking for the New World Translation and also search on Grebber.

This isn’t bad on some of the errors of the New World Translation (it shows mistakes, but is a bit anti-catholic in bias):

towerwatch.com/Witnesses/New_World_Translation/dan_glover.htm

On the subject of Greber - who produced a translation that the JWs appeal to for support, this is good:

catholic.com/thisrock/2000/0012fea4.asp

If you look up “New World Translation” (in the quotation marks) at catholic.com there are quite a few interesting articles.

They don’t normally use it when going door-to-door. At least here in NZ they use a King James version. The “New World Translation” is for their own study use.

They aren’t too keen on Catholics who are well-versed both in Scripture and Church History. On the other hand, they just love to meet up with Catholics who are largely ignorant of both.

Whenever we engage in a discussion with a JW, we should pray to the Holy Spirit that He will give us the words to use that will help them to know the Truth.

Go to CA home page (not the forums home page). There are several articles on JW’s that include their “translation” of the Bible. You have to read them all to get the full story, but, they’re short and well worth the read.

Here is the book you’ve been looking for. I give it 5 stars. Its thorough, precise, and short and to the point. “Answering Jehovah’s Witnesses” by Jason Evertt. I’m sure you can find it here in Catholic Answer’s catalog, most Catholic sites, or Amazon.

The only “problem”. After reading this book you won’t be able to find Jehovah Witness to talk to. Once they get a taste of the truth they run away and won’t come back… sadly its probably because they find truth in discussion and feel intimidated as they would he heavily reprimanded should they even question their leaders. Possibly even lose any communication with their family should they “fall out”. Thats why it is a Cult. Therefore even in discussion you should understand where they are coming from which this book will provide you as well.

Enjoy!

[quote=Montie Claunch]From my understanding, and correct me if I am wrong, The Jehovah’s Witnesses have their own translation that as on person I knew put it, “perverse”. To the extent of this I do not know but, I was wondering if anyone knew of a book are internet article showing this be to true and how to refute it? Thanks and God bless.
[/quote]

Take a look at the book, "Answering Jehovah’s Witnesses"
By Jason Evert

closed #8

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.