Jehovah's Witnesses came by this morning

At least I think they were JWs. I thought I saw some Watchtowers sticking out of one lady’s bag. Anyway, the conversation was short and pleasant. After their opening remarks I told them we were a Catholic family trying to conform ourselves to the will of God. She smiled and started talking about the future and what the bible says and I told her we believe the fullness of God’s revelation about the future is found in the Catholic Church. Then we exchanged pleasantries and they left.

They already knew you were Catholic. :wink:

I recall as a boy having watched a pair of JWs skip a few houses after leaving mine before they ascended the front steps of a Maltese Catholic family. :bigyikes: An Irish family would be hit next. :irish2: I believe, that when the door bell rings, most Catholic families huddle together :grouphug: and refuse to open the door. But woe to those JWs who are unaware that the next person who does receive them is a Knight of Columbus. :knight2:

Pax vobiscum
Good Fella :cool:

(I went door to door for 33 years myself)
Jehovah’s Witnesses beliefs:

A) They are at your door to recruit you for enslavement to their watchtower corporation,they will say that “we are just here to share a message from the Bible” this is deception right off.

B) Their ‘message’ is a false Gospel that Jesus had his second coming in 1914.The problem with this is it’s not just a cute fairy tale,Jesus warned of the false prophets who would claim “…look he is here in the wilderness,or see here he is at the temple…”

C) Their anti-blood transfusion ban has killed hundreds if not thousands

D) once they recruit you they will “love bomb” you in cult fashion to also recruit your family & friends or cut them off. There are many more dangers,Jehovah’s Witnesses got a bad rap for good and valid reasons.

99% of the world has rejected the teachings of the Watchtower Jehovah’s Witnesses, the darker truth is they are a destructive and oppressive organization.
Mind control is a terrible thing.

Danny Haszard Jehovah’s Witness X 33 years

jehovahwitness.vox.com/

Just show them the Crucifix and they will go away. They can’t stand it!

When do they go knocking on Vatican’s door?

hmmm. That tends to show something, lol

Or ask them what happend on the third day. They don’t believe in the resurrection of the body of Christ.

Look how they are going door to door to evangelize. Look how they print millions of magazines and leave them everywhere. thats why they are so successfull with converts. How many converts can we make bringing the truth with the power of prayer and the command of Jesus, to the world. EVANGELIZE the faith. People will buy anything, but the truth comes with power. It satisfies the deepest longings of the human heart. Many of the watchtower’s victims are Catholics who God is preparing for us the laborers to bring home.

I remember a time when I was staying at my grandparents house. two JWs came by and when I opened the door, they got a good look at the heavily adorned altar that they had in the center of the living room, complete with crucifix, the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and a gigantic picture of Pope Benedict on a calendar hanging from the wall. They just politely smiled and wished me a good day. I did the same!

Funny stuff

when I was younger we lived in the country and JW’s would come by all the time. I came from a protestant Baptist/Penticostal Holiness family so I wasn’t Catholic…yet! but back to the story

One time JW’s came by and mom told them point blank she doesn’t talk to people who murder children (based on the whole anti blood transfusion thing) and she told them she could see the innocent blood of those children dripping from their hands…they left right away

The next few times…I don’t know how… but we had a German Shepherd who was the nicest most friendly dog…only when the JWs came. She would go to their car door and growl and bark and not let them get out of their car…we never had a problem after that…I wonder if our guardian angels told her to do that lol

great dog!

What is kind of amusing is the idea of handing out magazines is a modern day phenomenon. The Apostles never dreamed of handing out magazines, nor is the Bible written in such a fashion. I have never liked the magazine system (both religious and secular) which I believe is a wasteful use of paper and trees and energy.

last time they came to my house, it was the Monday after Easter, and I told them “I went to Church yesterday” for Easter and then I also told them (as politely as possible) that I didn’t want their literature.

I hadn’t expected them at my house that day, I was waiting for my sister. However, had I NOT answered my door, they would have stuffed their anti catholic literature in my door.

My babysitter when I was 5/6 years old was a JW. My mom didn’t know this at the time. A few years ago, she saw my ex babysitter at a free concert at the park. This lady was with a friend of hers. Neither one stood for the Pledge of Allegiance.

They also forbid higher education (college).

Hey folks, did you know Pope Benedict’s cousin is a JW?

noticias.amigostestigos.com/pope-remembers-steffie/

In all fairness, one nice thing about the JWs is that they gently smile and are polite, having no wish to proseletyze. They’ll try to sell what’s in their bags only if one invites them to. If a Fundamentalist had peered through the front door and saw your grandparent’s altar in the livingroom, he might have charged them with idolatry.

Pax vobiscum
Good Fella :cool:

Yeah… I’ve also had a fundamentalist “non denominational” come to my door saying I haven’t found Jesus unless I go to their church.

This was right after I converted to Catholicism, so I smiled and said…“Oh, well, I just found Jesus and He’s in the Catholic Church”

He looked really uncomfortable and told me I was going to Hell b/c Hitler was Catholic and he obviously went to Hell…I argued with him for a bit but no matter how much fact I presented he would just ignore it. You can’t reason with ignorant people like that so I just shut the door.

The JW’s don’t do that at least

I see this thread is new and I am suprised not to see the resident JW, BibleSteve here yet? Hey DANNY HASZARD good to see you here. I hope you don’t scare off biblesteve, he always has some different points of view.

I keep meaning to stockpile some Catholic pamphlets, so that if someone comes to my door with their pamphlets, I can say, “I’ll take one of yours if you take one of mine.”

they might take them BUT they won’t read it .Even if you sit with them and try to make them read it they won’t. If WTS [watch tower society]dosen’t approve it they can’t read it or think on thier own. How sad it is not to have freedom or free will .:hypno: :hypno:

All true – but what are YOU doing about it (not you personally, but people in general who complain about this)? I hear so many people say “Someone ought to do something about Catholics leaving the Church or be out evangelizing to bring folks into (or back into) the Church.” But people never want to do it themselves or even get involved. It’s like that story of The Little Red Hen all over again.

I ask all of you: “What are YOU willing to do for the truth that the sects and cults are willing to do for a lie?” :cool:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.