Jerry Falwell Dead at age 73

Prayers and Condolences to him and his family!

May he rest in peace.

God Bless,
Michael

I just heard about this. I’ll pray for him and his family.

I am praying as well…

God grant rest to your servant. :gopray:

I just saw on the news. May God grant him Eternal Rest and bring peace and comfort to his family.

He is now in the hands of our Lord - may he rest in peace.

msnbc.msn.com/id/18679412/

The following is from the Catholic league:

JERRY FALWELL, R.I.P.

Catholic League president Bill Donohue commented today on the death of Liberty University president Jerry Falwell:

[size=2]“Jerry Falwell did more to mobilize evangelicals than any other leader in the nation. He not only inspired them to become active politically, he encouraged them to rethink their positions on a host of issues, especially abortion and school choice. In 1979, he established the Moral Majority, welcoming Roman Catholics into the organization. He also founded Liberty University, an institution of higher education that quickly made its mark on American society.[/size]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]“Jerry was a great fighter in the culture wars. He was both an exemplary evangelical and a renowned social activist, always exuding the kind of moral courage so often lacking in religious leaders of all faiths. He will be sorely missed.”[/FONT]

God bless Jerry Falwell.

Praying for the repose of his soul :gopray2:

I had heard earlier today that he was gravely ill and prayed for him then. Now the God has decided to gather him to himself, I pray he rests in the peace of the Lord, and that his loved ones find comfort in Christ, whom he loved and served.

May he rest in peace.

It’s interesting that this Catholic board has more prayers and good wishes posted so far than the Protestant board that I read.

May he rest in peace.

Without his mobilizing efforts in 2008 Jezebel may indeed rule.

Lord have mecry on us.

Jerry-Jet, that’s too funny.
Back in the early 90s,
I used to refer to Bill and Hillary
as Ahab and Jezebel.

Seriously, God bless Rev. Falwell’s soul.

Jaypeeto3

May God grant his soul eternal rest. Amen

St. Joseph, patron of departing souls, pray for Jerry Falwell.

May his soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace.

My thoughts are with his family. I saw that Dr. Robert H. Shuller will be live from the Crystal Cathedral tonight on CBS news. Look forward to hearing what he has to say.

Many years ago as a Baptist, I took some classes from Liberty University and always respected Jerry Falwell. Even as a Catholic convert I still really appreciate his faithful and zealous fight for the Christian faith and against the immorality in our society. Please pray for the repose of his soul and for his family.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.