Jesse Tree Ornaments

eriercd.org/jessetree.htm

Enjoy!

Wow! Thank you. This is perfect.

We are going to Florida for Christmas this year and will be taking our little wee tree for the trailer. These will make the perfect decorations. And we have an Advent project to work on!

Many thanks,
CC

We have two Jesse Trees. One with felt ornaments (actually, the regular Christmas Tree) that I made, and the other is made of laminated paper that DD has on her wall. Each ornament is laminated, and she gets to to stick one up everyday. We read a quick little blurb about the meaning, and use that time to snuggle before we head off to school. When we get home, that night, we do the Advent Wreath, and add the big felt ornament to the regular Christmas tree. The paper tree might be better for your circumstances?

Hi. No, the walls of the trailer are mostly cupboards so we’ll use one of those small tabletop trees. It fits nicely on the floor, in a little corner, beside the table in the trailer.

I will laminate the paper ornaments though - that will help them last a lot longer.

I can’t tell you how excited I am!
:extrahappy: :dancing: :extrahappy:

OK, it doesn’t take much to get me going!
CC

:hug3: glad to be of help!
I think domestic-church.com has ones that can be colored and such, if you are more into that.

One year we had our teenage children sit down and draw pictures of the Old Testament stories. We’ve kept these cartoons (for lack of a better word) over the years and still get a kick out of them! They were perfect and so funny!

I have made Jesse trees with my Sunday School classes for years. We did have a pre-made set of ornaments when the dc were little, but I have no idea what happened to them. This will be a fun project to do again now that they are older and can get into the reflections more. Thanks!

Cool, I’ve been wanting to make one like the one we had when I was little (little felt ornaments on a felt tree, some with actual bells or twigs or something). I don’t know if I will have time this year to make it, but I will definitely save the info on that page. Thanks!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.