I just hear of a movie that came out October 2006. The name of the movie is: The Color of the Cross. The website is www.colorofthecross.com
According to the website: “The film is unique in two distinct ways: The first dramatic film in Hollywood history ever to depict Christ as a black man. Secondly, it is the first Christian based film to inject race as a possible factor in the Crucifixion of Christ.”
According to the director, a Jean Claude Lamar: “For centuries, Leonardo da Vinci’s portrayal of Jesus has been widely accepted. We are offering an alternative image. There’s room for all.”
In this movie Jesus is a Black Nazarene.
- Was does the Catholic Church say about Jesus being a Black Nazarene? Or anytype of race?
- If Jesus is not a Black Man, but more of what we are use to (i.e., “Passion of the Christ”) How do we defend/prove this? Articles, Books, CDs. DVDs. Etc.
- If you believe Jesus is a Black Man, how do you defend/prove this? Articles, Books, CDs. DVDs. Etc.
- I believe that Jesus was not a Black Man. I believe that the Catholic Church teachings us in many ways, books, paintings, etc. and the visual teaching (art) of the church has of the church has not shown me that Jesus was a black man.
- I accept that I can be wrong about Jesus not being a Black Man, but I need some reputable type of article, book, etc. before I can seriously consider this.
- The idea of idea of “injecting” race as a possible factor in the Crucifixion of Christ, I can not respect at all!!! Jesus died for our sins. Jesus was crucified because he claimed to be God.
Thank You and God Bless