Jesus and I

After Confession Saturday, I went to visit our Lord in the Eucharistic Adoration (my word, I LOVE it!!!).

I was surprised to not see the lady who I assume signed up for Eucharistic Adoration for an hour because I always see her the same time, same day but she was not there. Some dude was there! :slight_smile:

Then another family came in, then the old dude left and the family and I were the only ones kneeling down to our Lord. Then later they left and I was the only one there! I tell ya what, if you’re the only one there, you’re going to get a great sense that our Lord is speaking to you. Soul can burn! :slight_smile:

The only problem was, I DIDN’T want to leave our Lord there (not to mention that I didn’t want to close the “doors” to Him when there’s no one there) so I stayed there for almost two hours!!! No one else came in because the Mass was going on. Earlier, I was tempted to leave because I had some finals to study but I could sense our Lord saying, “Couldn’t you just stay with Me?” So I did.

When I was kneeling there, I felt a deep sadness in my soul and then before I realized what was happening, I started to have tears come down my face! :eek: I wasn’t really sad about anything going on in my life but why was this happening?? Is it because there’s not enough people to visit our Lord? Was it because I actually love our Lord? In His Presence? WHAT?!?!

Does anyone else go through this or have had it happen?

I know you hate to have to do this, but if you ever must leave Jesus, there should be a little round thing (I think it’s called a luna), or at least a nice cloth that you cover him with. Just remember that we all must leave sometimes, but we must never leave him exposed.
I’m a big fan of Eucharistic Adoration, so I know how you feel. Sometimes I cry when I’m at mass during the whole Eucharist part, not really because I’m sad, it just makes me very emotional. I do get upset when I watch how people receive him sometimes- the lack of reverence is very upsetting.
A lot of time when I go to adoration, I don’t say anything, I just like to sit in the presense of Jesus. I’ve gone there to receive comfort when I’m upset often.
I love to read your posts- you have such an honest love of Jesus!

Tamara

I am startled that the parish seems not to have made provision for all hours to be covered by a scheduled adorer, if they are having Eucharistic Adoration.

[quote=JimG]I am startled that the parish seems not to have made provision for all hours to be covered by a scheduled adorer, if they are having Eucharistic Adoration.
[/quote]

Well, I walked around the room and was seeing what they had on the table (bibles, Catechism, rosaries, Catholic newspapers, etc.) and came across a sign-in sheet and it listed the 5am-11pm hours that the chapel is opened and there were a few 0 next to some hours, therefore, no one is for those hours.

Maybe I should think about being an Eucharistic adorer… :hmmm: :hmmm:

…because after 4:30, I was the only one and the paper read there was no one at 5pm and that’s why I stayed (like a fake substitute so to speak!) because I didn’t want Jesus to be alone! :crying:

[quote=Paris Blues]…because after 4:30, I was the only one and the paper read there was no one at 5pm and that’s why I stayed (like a fake substitute so to speak!) because I didn’t want Jesus to be alone! :crying:
[/quote]

Good for you–your instincts were correct. The parish should really not even start adoration until it has at least two people committed to cover each hour.

[quote=JimG]Good for you–your instincts were correct. The parish should really not even start adoration until it has at least two people committed to cover each hour.
[/quote]

Must’ve been the Holy Spirit! :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.