Jesus and muhammad (pbut)

Does anyone come across the following hadiths:

(22) Narrted Ibn Abbas: Allah’s Apostle said, “You will be resurrected (and assembled) bare-footed, naked and uncircumcised.” The Prophet then recited the Divine Verse:-- “As We began the first creation, We shall repeat it: A promise We have undertaken. Truly we shall do it.” (21.104) He added, "The first to be dressed will be Abraham. Then some of my companions will take to the right and to the left. I will say: 'My companions! 'It will be said, ‘They had been renegades since you left them.’ I will then say what the Pious Slave jesus, the son of Mary said: ‘And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them; when You did take me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things. If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if you forgive them, You, only You are the All-Mighty the All-Wise.’ " (5.117-118) Narrated Quaggas, “Those were the apostates who renegade from Islam during the Caliphate of Abu Bakr who fought them”. (Book #55, Hadith #656)

(23) Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Apostle said, “By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, surely (jesus,) the son of Mary will soon descend amongst you and will judge mankind justly (as a Just Ruler); he will break the Cross and kill the pigs and there will be no Jizya (i.e. taxation taken from non Muslims). Money will be in abundance so that nobody will accept it, and a single prostration to Allah (in prayer) will be better than the whole world and whatever is in it.” Abu Huraira added “If you wish, you can recite (this verse of the Holy Book): – 'And there is none Of the people of the Scriptures (Jews and Christians) But must believe in him (i.e jesus as an Apostle of Allah and a human being) Before his death. And on the Day of Judgment He will be a witness Against them.” (4.159) (See Fateh Al Bari, Page 302 Vol 7) (Book #55, Hadith #657)

(24) Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Apostle said "How will you be when the son of Mary (i.e. jesus) descends amongst you and he will judge people by the Law of the Quran and not by the law of Gospel (Fateh-ul Bari page 304 and 305 Vol 7) (Book #55, Hadith #658)

Cheers

What about them? And the purpose of the thread?

BTW - welcome to CAF. Looking forward to your posts and replies.

Muslims don’t even know what the Law of the Gospel is, yet they prefer the law of the Qu’ran to it. Jesus said that His burden is light and His yoke is sweet; He using the metaphor of a beast-of-burden

I am very interested in discussing what you have to say regarding these threads. Would you be so kind as to tell us what about them you would like to discuss. And maybe answer some of our questions as well. I ask these questions as someone who does not know much, or enough about Islam. So if I say something that you take as offensive, please know that I mean no offense whatsoever. I only seek truth.

• Jesus is mentioned as a Judge in the quotes you provided. What is the Muslim view of Jesus? Is He a prophet or the Son of God? If he is simply a prophet, how is that reconciled with the “Lord, liar or lunatic” theory?

• Based on the above answer, what does that make Muhammad? Is he greater, less or equal to Jesus?

• What is the Muslim view on heaven and hell? Do all believers in monotheistic religions (Christanity, Islam and Judaism) have a chance at heaven, or only muslims? This answer can include both official doctrine and personal belief.

I’m sure I will think of more, thank you for being willing to discuss this topic.

In the name of Allah , Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Quran is the criteria to decide what is right or wrong . If Lord means God , then we don’t agree that Jesus (pbuh) is God . He was not a liar or lunatic but a humble servant & a blessed Prophet of God.

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God , nor the angels who are near ( to God )…holy Quran , Chapter Women , verse 172
( 4: 172 )

Is he greater, less or equal to Jesus?

Muslims respect all the Prophets . It’s the God Almighty who gives more honour to someone but we must not compare between Prophets.

Say (O Muslims),

"We believe in Allah and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibrahim (Abraham), Ismail (Ishmael), Ishaque (Isaac), Yaqoob (Jacob), and to Al-Asbat (the twelve sons of Yaqoob (Jacob)),

and that which has been given to Moosa (Moses) and Iesa (Jesus), and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord.

We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted (in Islam)."

( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #136)

• What is the Muslim view on heaven and hell?

God created heaven for those who worhipped Him alone . God will punish those sinners in eternal hell who took deities besides Him.

I did not know about it . Thanks for the info & Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

It really doesn’t matter what Mohammed said about our Lord, God, and Saviour Jesus Christ, as he clearly did not believe in the REAL one.

Muslim Woman, forgive me if I’m wrong, I don’t know much Arabic, but I thought Jesus was called Isa, not Iesa. Thanks.

I believe in God,the Father almighty,creator of heaven and earth.I belive in Jesus Christ,his only son,our Lord.He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.He suffered under the Pontius Pilate,was crucified,died,and was burried.He desended into heaven,and seated at the right hand of the Father.He will come again to judge the living and the dead.So you see,of all the prophert why God as chosen Jesus to judge us on the last day.Because his the Son of God.

Perhaps Iesa is just a different dialect of Isa? :shrug::confused:

That said, Jesus and Muhammad cannot be compared. Jesus is the Son of God and God Himself. Jesus was merciful and kind. Jesus was the founder of a true religion. Muhammad was a violent man and the founder of a false religion.

me too :frowning:

I thought Jesus was called Isa, not Iesa. .

Most of time , I saw the English spelling as Isa (pbuh). I think , it depends on the translator how to spell the name from Arabic.

Well that’s a very intolerant view point now isn’t it? All knowledge is from God and therefore worth having. That includes knowledge of other beliefs. And, for all we know, Muhammed may very well have believed in the “real” one. That is what I am trying to discern here. This thread is for those openly seeking the truth about other religions, if you insist on being intolerant then you ruin it for others.

Again with the intolerance here. Who are you to say that God didn’t actually speak to Muhammed? I can venture to say that you don’t have an “in” with the big man upstairs, so what gives you the right to be so judgemental? Jesus is the Son of God, yes, but he was most definately loving, and that is something that you are refusing to do for these very respectable Muslims here. How can you call yourself a Christian without loving others with the love of Christ?

Quran is the criteria to decide what is right or wrong . If Lord means God , then we don’t agree that Jesus (pbuh) is God . He was not a liar or lunatic but a humble servant & a blessed Prophet of God.

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God , nor the angels who are near ( to God )…holy Quran , Chapter Women , verse 172
( 4: 172 )

I’m sorry, I should have elaborated further on the “Lord liar or lunatic” theory. Jesus says himself many times that He is the Son of God. So the logic goes, either He is what he says he is, but he cannot be simply a prophet or a good man, because if He said He is the Son of God when He is not, that would make Him a very bad man indeed. If He is neither Lord, nor a liar then He must be a lunatic who actually believes Himself to be the Son of God, but lunacy does not fit because everything else He says makes perfect sense and is filled with Wisdom. So the logic says that he cannot be a prophet because that would make him a liar and therefore a bad man, and bad men cannot be prophets. So the only option left is for Him to be what He claims to be, the Son of God.

That, to be perfectly honest, is why I am a Christian, because logically Jesus cannot be anything other than what He says He is, how does that make sense then that He is simply a prophet?

Jesus is not a God unto Himself, but a part of God. Without Him, God is not whole, so would that work within Muslim teaching?

Isa the muslim Jesus is the destroyer of Christianity.

The prophet ‘Isa will have an important role in the end times, establishing Islam and making war until he destroys all religions save Islam. He shall kill the Evil One (Dajjal), an apocalyptic anti-Christ figure.

In one tradition of Muhammad we read that no further prophets will come to earth until ‘Isa returns as ‘a man of medium height, or reddish complexion, wearing two light garments, looking as if drops were falling down from his head although it will not be wet.

**He will fight for the cause of Islam. **

He will break the cross, kill pigs, and abolish the poll-tax.

Allah will destroy all religions except Islam.

He (‘Isa) will destroy the Evil One and will live on the earth for forty years and then he will die’.

What do these sayings mean?

The cross is a symbol of Christianity.

Breaking crosses means abolishing Christianity.

Pigs are associated with Christians.

Killing them is another way of speaking of the destruction of Christianity.

Under Islamic law the poll-tax buys the protection of the lives and property of conquered ‘people of the Book’. (At-Taubah 9:29)

**The abolition of the poll-tax means jihad is restarted against Christians (and Jews) living under Islam, who should convert to Islam, or else be killed or enslaved. **

The abundance of wealth refers to booty flowing to the Muslims from this conquest.

This is what the Muslim ‘Isa will do when he returns in the last days.

This is the islamic belief. But again, I would like to know from the OP the purspose of this thread.

According to islam - Isa the muslim Jesus in the koran, spoke as an infant in the cradle, during Isa’s time he performed miracles, he was a prophet, BUT NOT THE SON OF GOD, and the muslim Isa/Jesus was **not **crucified.

Other islamic muslims believe that Isa/Jesus lived to be 140 years old and died in India and is buried there along with Mother Mary.

They believe Isa/Jesus will return to kill Christianity, make islam the religion of the world, kill the “anti-Christ” and then get married, have children and die within 40 years of his return.

It is written in their islam books that allah never spoke to mohamad, only the angel Gabriel spoke to mohamad and told him to “write” the koran.

There is one hadith about a dream that mohamad had where he was on a donkey type animal with wings and a womans head on it. It is written in this hadith tht mohamad saw allah and Moses and Jesus… etc…

But nothing in the koran about it.

God speaks to all of his prophets, - but not with this one.

‘Isa (Jesus) of the Qur’an is a product of fable, imagination and ignorance.

When Muslims venerate this ‘Isa, they have someone different in mind from Jesus of the Bible and of history. The ‘Isa of the Qur’an is based on no recognized form of historical evidence, but on fables current in seventh century Arabia.

For most faithful Muslims ‘Isa is the only Jesus they know. But if one accepts this Muslim ‘Jesus’, then one also accepts the Qur’an: one accepts Islam.

Belief in this ‘Isa is won at the cost of the libel that Jews and Christians have corrupted their scriptures, a charge that is without historical support. Belief in this ‘Isa implies that much of Christian and Jewish history is in fact Islamic history.

The Jesus of the gospels is the base upon which Christianity developed.

By Islamicizing him, and making of him a Muslim prophet who preached the Qur’an, Islam destroys Christianity and takes over all its history. It does the same to Judaism.

In the end times as described by Muhammad, ‘Isa becomes a warrior who will return with his sword and lance.** He will destroy the Christian religion and make Islam the only religion in all the world.** **Finally at the last judgement he will condemn Christians to hell for believing in the crucifixion and the incarnation. **

This final act of the Muslim ‘Isa reflects Islam’s apologetic strategy in relation to Christianity, which is to deny the Jesus of history, and replace him with a facsimile of Muhammad, so that nothing remains but Islam.

It’s amazing that since mohamad was the “seal of all prophets” and the greatest, and that Jesus is BELOW mohamad, why is it that Jesus comes back and not mohamad?

The hadith above is an interesting one to make Christians shake in the boots stating that Christ will judge us by the koran and not by the “law of Gospel”.

**Matthew 28

18 Then Jesus approached and said to them, "All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit,

20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age."

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.