Jesus asked many questions what is your favorite?

Jesus asks over 100 questions what is your favorite and which one if any is most important?
I think their is one question of questions what do you think it is?Peace be with you,L

“Will you also go away?”

“Who do you say I Am?”

Peace

“Do you have anything here to eat?” :wink:

I like this one the most too, it reaches out to people.

:thumbsup:

Seriously, this…

Do you love me? (John 21:16)

That’s what it all comes down to.

Well, now THAT’S true…
:slight_smile:

“What seek ye?”

Simple but extremely deep.

John 1:38a. “What do you seek?”

This one is my favorite. It breaks my heart. Cuz I can honestly say YES now but If I face him in person and he asks me that I’ll break in tears cuz I know I could never love him enough.

Pax Christi!

“Are you asleep? Could you not keep watch with me one hour?” - Mark 14:37

God bless.

Authority Challenged - Matt. 21:23-27 Jesus answers a question with a question as he often did and turns the table on the chief priests and the elders. This exchange involves two categories - questions asked of Jesus and questions Jesus asked. It seems like a good idea to ask a question of a person when they ask you a question not to out smart them but to clarify the question and help to understand them and help them to focus their inquiry. Sometimes people go off and answer a question the person was not really asking and sometimes the person asking did not really ask the question they wanted to ask. In this case here I suspect that the chief priests and elders really did not want an answer but just did not accept Jesus. I do not think they were honest inquirers. Asking a question of someone who asks you a question can help determine the nature of the question asked and the intent of the inquirer.

23 When He entered the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came to Him while He was teaching, and said, “By what authority are You doing these things, and who gave You this authority?” 24 Jesus said to them, “I will also ask you one thing, which if you tell Me, I will also tell you by what authority I do these things. 25 The baptism of John was from what source, from heaven or from men?” And they began reasoning among themselves, saying, “If we say, ‘From heaven,’ He will say to us, ‘Then why did you not believe him?’ 26 But if we say, ‘From men,’ we fear the people; for they all regard John as a prophet.” 27 And answering Jesus, they said, “We do not know.” He also said to them, “Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things.

Who do you say I am? I think that is the question of questions the most important question of all questions all who hear about Jesus ought to answer this question.

Who do you say I AM is indeed imperative. You can’t know God without God allowing you to know as Christ states in the same dialogue.

According to your faith be it done unto you. or, If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

Both Matthew also, and …

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do what is done to the fig tree, but even if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou taken up and cast into the sea, it shall be done.

So the question…

“Believe on the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved”

Really becomes as you believe so shall it be. Your belief thus faith is your ticket through all trial. You can be saved in purgatory. You can also be intimately connected to the Spirit and literally walk through fire if its His will that it be done.

Its like this, if you believe 25% in the mediation of saving grace, you receive 25%. If you have 100% belief you receive 100%.

So I can say I believe in Jesus Christ but when the trial comes, how much you believe is imperative. And those are the moments be it Gods will where you know you just witnessed the Lords will. You see the tables turn and you will know its Jesus Christ which transcends and is humbling. Its acknowledgment of the depth of your belief.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.