Jesus' brothers/sisters and Mormon theology

Not sure if this belongs here or in Non-Catholic Religions.
Most people (well, Bible Christians) do not understand that the teachings on the Blessed Mother are Christocentric. Mary’s Perpetual Virginity being one of those teachings, the theology of which makes total sense to me. Anyhow, I’ve been mulling over Mormonism lately (recently met a good Mormon family) and I’m trying to figure out if I understand their teaching correctly, and if so, how the idea that Jesus had earthly siblings is the same fundamental error.
So, do the LDS teach that we are brothers and sisters in the pre-mortal existence? If so, are we children of God the Father in the “natural” sense, as Jesus is?
I could be totally off base here, so no offense intended to the LDS. It just seems to me that a Bible Christians theology is much the same if one gets right to the core.:shrug:

Yes, it’s the same fundamental error whether from a Bible Christian or a Mormon, although the Mormons add the idea of a pre-mortal existence.

So, do the LDS teach that we are brothers and sisters in the pre-mortal existence?

Yes.

If so, are we children of God the Father in the “natural” sense, as Jesus is?

Yes; and we’re also children of the Father’s wife. :eek: According to Mormonism we are Jesus’ younger brothers and sisters from a pre-mortal existence, although Jesus’ conception came about by a more “direct route”, i.e., the Father is directly the Father of Jesus through the Virgin Mary (I won’t even touch upon how some Mormons, including their “prophets”, taught in this regard! :o), while we are the natural children of our parents.

This article addresses your questions further:

catholic.com/library/Gods_of_the_Mormon_Church.asp

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.