Jesus came to save the world. Do you think this means all people?

It says in scripture that Jesus came to save the world. Do you think this means the world and everyone in it? Thanks.

Yes.

Yes - All who will choose to be saved…

God will forgive all those who likewise forgive…

Peace
James

Yes.

Do you think differently?

If your question is followed by: “Then how come some people go to hell”, that is because that’s what they choose. No one is deprived of their free will in this life, therefore you are not saved until you die and judged. Jesus REDEEMMED everybody, including the thief to the left of Him when He was crucified, it’s up to you to take His gift, as the thief to the right did.

Yes of course. God created each one of us and we are all equal in His sight. He sent His Son to save us ALL.
God bless you.

:slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

Yes, Jesus came to save all the people in the world by His death and resurrection, but you have to believe in the One He (God) sent. There are many verses that speak to this. Here is just one…

John 6:40

For my Father’s will is that *everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him *shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

It’s not enough to say all people in the world are saved. Yes, Jesus came to save, but we have to believe in Him.

Luke 10:16

“Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me.”

We need to have faith in Jesus.

Yes, he gave Himself in Sacrifice for everyone. Not everyone will accept this tremendous gift.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.