Jesus Christ's remains found

This has been all over the news and I had a question. Does anybody know what they did with the remains in the ossuary? Are they going to try to preserve them or do more tests? Here is a link with some info on the find:

dsc.discovery.com/news/2007/02/25/tomb_arc.html?category=archaeology&guid=20070225073000

could have once held the remains of Jesus of Nazareth and his family.

mmm… sounds like a phony to me…

The findings also suggest that Jesus and Mary Magdalene might have produced a son named Judah.

DaVinci Coding???

The socalled founders of the “remains of Jesus” are going to milk this story for all its worth.

Dr. Amos Kloner, internationally renowned archeologist who revealed the findings of the dig 10 years ago, criticized the filmmakers’ marketing strategy and said it is not based on proof, reported the Jerusalem Post.

Even Secular Scholars Back Christian ‘Jesus Tomb’ Arguments.

One of the issues about the DNA is that it proves nothing. There’s no “control sample” that we have laying around for Jesus. At most, these folks in the tomb were related. But, the names prove nothing, either.

This is all old bogus stuff…with a new title put on it…

catholicleague.org/07press_releases/quarter_1/070226_jesus_tomb.htmFebruary 26, 2007

JESUS’ TOMB DISCOVERY IS TITANIC FRAUD

“Titanic” director James Cameron and TV-director Simcha Jacobovici are claiming they have evidence of a Jerusalem tomb that allegedly houses the remains of Jesus and his family. Commenting on this is Catholic League president Bill Donohue:

“Not a Lenten season goes by without some author or TV program seeking to cast doubt on the divinity of Jesus and/or the Resurrection. Last April, NBC’s ‘Dateline’ featured the wholly discredited and downright laughable claims of Michael Baigent, and two years ago ABC treated us to a special that questioned every aspect of the Resurrection. Now we have the Cameron-Jacobovici thesis.

“Israeli archeologist Amos Kloner was in charge of the 1980 investigation of the tomb that Cameron-Jacobovici have seized on 27 years later to make their allegations. ‘The claim that the burial site has been found is not based on any proof, and is only an attempt to sell,’ Kloner says. He adds, ‘I refute all claims and efforts to waken a renewed interest in the findings. With all due respect, they are not archeologists.’ Indeed, Kloner has branded their claims ‘impossible’ and ‘nonsense.’ Moreover, he says there is ‘no likelihood’ that Jesus and his relatives had a family tomb. ‘It makes a great story for a TV film,’ he concludes.

“Joe Zias, who spent a quarter-century as an archeologist at the Rockefeller University in Jerusalem, said that ‘Simcha has no credibility whatsoever.’ Zias isn’t shooting from the hip: Jacobovici’s credibility explodes when one considers that he still believes the 2002 tale about an ossuary with the inscription, ‘James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus.’ On June 18, 2003, the Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA) condemned this claim as a modern forgery—this was the unanimous decision of a 15-member IAA committee. Agreeing with this decision were Harvard’s Frank Cross and Tel Aviv University professor Edward Greenstein.

“The Discovery Channel aired the 2002 hoax and now it’s back with the Titanic fraud. It’s time the Discovery Channel discovered ethics and stopped with the sensationalism.”

Well they did a good job on the “Exodus Decoded” bit.

Fr. Pacwa mentioned on Threshold of Hope that the “find” was from the same place the “James, brother of Jesus” ossuary was found. We all know how that story ended.

From what I just read, that story hasn’t ended just yet. :eek:

Personally, I think they are looking in the wrong place…Jesus is in every tabernacle and at every Eucharistic celebration done in the world today. Duh!

Amen!

Another good response at…
catholiceducation.org/articles/facts/fm0097.htm

it is all about media and money, that’s how they get people to go see movie. Money can drive people to do unthinkable things.

Just a reminder to those that are slamming the two authors of this documentary:

Read this thread:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=108470&highlight=%22Exodus+Decoded%22

Here are some comments about the works of these two individuals:

JoeyWarren, I guess I don’t understand your point. Are you saying that the “Exodus Decoded” documentary was produced by Cameron and Jacobovici(sp?) (Okay, I guess I’m gonna have to sit down and practice spelling his name!)

I think there is one element missing: sex.

Let me explain. Some people just cling so hard to the belief that Jesus had a son with Mary Magdelene. It ranges from those who write books to people who claim descent from monarchical lines of Europe and then wo-ah, Jesus Himself and the line of David. But it all comes down to the idea that premarital sex is acceptable, contraception is good, gay is okay, generally all the hippieness of the sixties coming back. It’s so old it’s boring. It should make one yawn.

Yet another factor is convenience: the quest for the Liberal Jesus. But the Liberal Jesus didn’t exist. There’s no Jesus who tells you it’s all fine, you can have your second chance (divorce and remarriage) if you want, you can go to communion without confession, you don’t sin because you yourself have arrived at such a conclusion, you’re generally exempted from the ten commandments if you basically try hard but see no other practical (for you) solution; a Jesus who will listen and nod His head as you preach. That ain’t gonna happen. :rolleyes:

Have you seen “Exodus Decoded”?

If so, what were your feelings and emotions when the show ended?

Yes.

And we all applauded “Exodus Decoded” except those at places like CARM and BB.

“Exodus Decoded” put a serious slam on the “Bible Alone” types that have tried to find evidence of the Exodus by using the Bible Alone.

Cameron and whats-his-name went to Extra-biblical sources to mount their investigation.

And my God, they actually found the mountain that Moses walked upon barefooted and actually spoke to God!

Of course non of this is true because the ossuary of James is a fraud.

But!

When the news broke in 2002, the Protestant world was in a state of estatic euphoria. They were making statements such as this:

We knew the Catholics were wrong the whole time and now this discovery just proves it

Christian forums were celebrating as much as the Muslims did when the twin towers came tumbling down.

But when the story broke that it was a fraud, some of these same Protestants made statements such as this:

The claim of a forgery is a Vatican attempt to cover up the truth.

I wonder what these same people are saying now?

Well, I’m totally convinced. I mean look, it’s on the Discovery Channel! I love their Chopper building and Mythbusting shows, how much more evidence does one need?

For pete sake, why are we even discussing this. I doubt highly that the downfall of Christianity will come from a cable TV show… Then again, God works in mysterious ways.

Hey… Yeah! That gave me a great idea! The Discovery Channel should get those Mythbuster guys to figure this pesky “Jesus’ tomb” out, that ought to settle this once and for all.

Sorry for the irreverent sarcasm, but its a TV show were talking about, Cameron et al is doing it for the $$… Plain and simple.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.