Jesus healed others by many ways

I was struck on how many different means Jesus heals those who are sick. Some means or similar then there are others like this one which entails Jesus being up front and personal. What other methods does Jesus use to heal or bring to life others have you come across in your regular readings? Leave your remarks as well.

Mk 7;32-35 They brought to Him one who was deaf and spoke with difficulty, and they implored Him to lay His hand on him. 33 Jesus took him aside from the crowd, by himself, and put His fingers into his ears, and after spitting, He touched his tongue with the saliva; 34 and looking up to heaven with a deep sigh, He said to him, “Ephphatha!” that is, “Be opened!” 35 And his ears were opened, and the impediment of his tongue was removed, and he began speaking plainly. 36

( I can only comment that there ought to be good commentaries or footnotes to explain such events in the scripture. Perhaps the simplistic view is that saliva is water, and that healing with “water” presages the sacrament of baptism, which heals us of our sins.)

Hi, Wilt and All ~

Interesting - this one on healing and the other on feelings. I’m hoping to start a trek through the NT tomorrow. The posts about there being two separate Jesus personages has finally made me want to read from that angle. I’m sure if there is a separation of some kind, it would also show up in the healings and feelings, as well as other ways.

I, too, think the spitting thing has deeper symbolism. I once read on the net somewhere about ‘gleeking’ and saw a Youtube video of a couple of guys doing it. It was a few years ago, but I’ve been sensitive to ‘special spitting’ references since then.

Also, the poem by Auden was also interesting as he was supposedly enlightened. If someone is ‘filled with the Spirit’, is ‘spitting’ somehow then elevated when it comes from under the tongue? Is there a connection with people going ballistic when they are spit upon? Dunno.

Here’s a link with (supposedly) all the healings of Jesus. Would probably still need the before and after verses, but it’s a start.

thomastaylorministries.org/blog/methods-healing-new-testament/

I Have No Gun, But I Can Spit

Some thirty inches from my nose
The frontier of my Person goes,
And all the untilled air between
Is private pagus or demesne.
Stranger, unless with bedroom eyes
I beckon you to fraternize,
Beware of rudely crossing it:
I have no gun, but I can spit.

Author Notes: pagus - a Latin word meaning the smallest form of settlement
demesne - land attached to a manor, held directly by the owner rather than by a tenant

W. H. Auden

[quote=Xeyed818;12477
]http://thomastaylorministries.org/blog/methods-healing-new-testament/
[/quote]

W. H. Auden

Thanx Xeyed818 for your link. Now I can close my thread! Thanks:p Kidding. It has a lot of the passages were looking 4.

How about Jesus being extremely angry and furiated.

The Passover of the Jews was near, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 And He found in the temple those who were selling oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers seated at their tables. 15 And He made a scourge of cords, and drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen; and He poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables; 16 and to those who were selling the doves He said, “Take these things away; stop making My Father’s house a place of business.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.