Jesus human side

Jesus was completely divine and completely human. So am i right if i say that worshiping Jesus’s divine side is ok, while worshiping his human side is idolatry? That is why Jesus said when they called him good, that no one is good but God?

Extra question: Jesus was completely human and completely divine while on Earth, now He is only divine right?

You can’t divide his nature - in doing so you are saying God is possessing a human being that is not him - he is both divine and human. He took on the form of a man - he is fully God and fully man - it is Gods love again in trying to fully understand what it is to be man and makes him the just judge - there is nothing he does not know about us in doing so.

If worshipping Jesus’ human nature is idolatry than we would all be committing idolatry when we worship and adore him in the blessed sacrament in which the whole Christ is present body, soul, and divinity. Since the incarnation of the Son of God, the human nature of Christ is inseperably joined to the divine nature of Christ in one person even now since Christ’s ascention into heaven. Christ as man is God because the person who possesses that human nature is God the Son as St Thomas the apostle confessed “My Lord and my God.” (John 20:28)

AFAIK, there is no “Jesus the Human” and “Jesus the Divine”. Jesus’ humanity and divinity are two complete natures that unite into one hypostatic union, one person. There is only Jesus, one being with two complete natures. You don’t worship his natures, you worship Jesus.

newadvent.org/cathen/07610b.htm

No, He resumed being human when He walked his HUMAN BODY out of death!

ICXC NIKA!

No. Jesus is one person who is both human and divine. You worship Jesus. You cannot worship the “divine side” or the “human side”. There is only one Jesus and you worship him in totality, human and divine.

That is why Jesus said when they called him good, that no one is good but God?

No.

Yes i know that Jesus WAS completely human and divine and has no sides, but we should only worship his divinity. Jesus was only human during His time on Earth and was definitely not human before or after it, otherwise the whole thing doesn’t make sense. If Jesus is still human, then God is fully human and fully divine, and God is not human. God is completely divine. I remember our religious teacher or someone from Church, telling us that Jesus became or was becoming more and more divine after resurrection, that is why the two couldn’t recognize Him when they were walking to Emmaus on the same day that Mary discovered the empty tomb.

Yes i know that Jesus WAS completely human and divine and has no sides, but we should only worship his divinity. Jesus was only human during His time on Earth and was definitely not human before or after it, otherwise the whole thing doesn’t make sense. If Jesus is still human, then God is fully human and fully divine, and God is not human. God is completely divine. I remember our religious teacher or someone from Church, telling us that Jesus became or was becoming more and more divine after resurrection, that is why the two couldn’t recognize Him when they were walking to Emmaus on the same day that Mary discovered the empty tomb.

That sounds like denial of the hypostatic union.

Jesus is only one person, a divine person who has two natures. When you worship Jesus, you worship the person not the nature. What you propose is not possible.

Jesus after the resurrection was in his glorified body, something I believe is talked about extensively in the Bible. He was not becoming “more and more Divine” in the sense of becoming “less and less human”. His body became glorified, incorruptible, perfect.

I don’t know the answer to your question about Jesus pre-Incarnation, but post-Ascension he definitely is in a glorified body, he is not only spirit but both spirit and flesh.

What you all are claiming is that God is fully human. The Son existed before the incarnation, and he was only divine. When Mary gave birth, she gave birth to a human, that is why Jesus was fully human in His time on Earth. But then his human body died when he was crucified, and he was again fully divine. If He retained His body and was still a human, that would mean that God is fully human, which is NOT! Jesus was fully human during His time on Earth, because He had to be. But God does not have human nature, so Jesus ceased being fully human. What you all are claiming is illogical.

No, what you think we are claiming is illogical.

What was actually claimed is logical, although mysterious. When Jesus took on human nature at the incarnation, he remained the same divine person he was before. And, He remained the same person after the resurrection.

newadvent.org/cathen/07706b.htm

Read that article.

You claim that after the resurrection, he was “again fully Divine,” which shows that you are not understanding the Catholic doctrine, as though on earth he were not fully Divine, or as though his humanity detracted from his Divinity!

At no point was Jesus not fully Divine. He’s not half Divine and half human. He’s not fully human and not Divine. He’s fully human and fully Divine at the same time.

You claim that after Jesus resurrected, he was no longer fully human and did not retain his body.

Luke 24

36 While they were speaking of this, he himself stood in the midst of them, and said, Peace be upon you; it is myself, do not be afraid.[5] 37 They cowered down, full of terror, thinking that they were seeing an apparition. 38 What, he said to them, are you dismayed? Whence come these surmises in your hearts? 39 Look at my hands and my feet, to be assured that it is myself; touch me, and look; a spirit has not flesh and bones, as you see that I have. 40 And as he spoke thus, he shewed them his hands and his feet. 41 Then, while they were still doubtful, and bewildered with joy, he asked them, Have you anything here to eat? 42 So they put before him a piece of roast fish, and a honeycomb; 43 and he took these and ate in their presence and shared his meal with them.

How do you answer this passage, then? Jesus is both fully human and fully divine, not two separate beings joined together, but one being of two natures joined together in perfect unity.

When discussing the Resurrection the Cathecism says

Christ’s Resurrection is an object of faith in that it is a transcendent intervention of God himself in creation and history. In it the three divine persons act together as one, and manifest their own proper characteristics. the Father’s power “raised up” Christ his Son and by doing so perfectly introduced his Son’s humanity, including his body, into the Trinity. Jesus is conclusively revealed as “Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his Resurection from the dead”. St. Paul insists on the manifestation of God’s power through the working of the Spirit who gave life to Jesus’ dead humanity and called it to the glorious state of Lordship.

And in it’s discussion of the Ascension

“So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God.” Christ’s body was glorified at the moment of his Resurrection, as proved by the new and supernatural properties it subsequently and permanently enjoys. But during the forty days when he eats and drinks familiarly with his disciples and teaches them about the kingdom, his glory remains veiled under the appearance of ordinary humanity. Jesus’ final apparition ends with the irreversible entry of his humanity into divine glory, symbolized by the cloud and by heaven, where he is seated from that time forward at God’s right hand. Only in a wholly exceptional and unique way would Jesus show himself to Paul “as to one untimely born”, in a last apparition that established him as an apostle.

The ascended Jesus is fully human, and we worship the entire person.

The only thing that puzzles me is how a human can be in the trinity(God). God is God, God is not human.

This should puzzle you.

[quote=CCC]237 The Trinity is a mystery of faith in the strict sense, one of the “mysteries that are hidden in God, which can never be known unless they are revealed by God”.58 To be sure, God has left traces of his Trinitarian being in his work of creation and in his Revelation throughout the Old Testament. But his inmost Being as Holy Trinity is a mystery that is inaccessible to reason alone or even to Israel’s faith before the Incarnation of God’s Son and the sending of the Holy Spirit.
[/quote]

483 The Incarnation is therefore the mystery of the wonderful union of the divine and human natures in the one person of the Word.

The First Person of the Trinity Who Is referred to as God the Father never became human, the Third Person of the Trinity Who Is referred to as the Holy Spirit never became human, the Second Person of the Trinity Who is referred to as the Son of God did become a human but was not always a human but became totally human when Mary said YES and yet retained His Divinity.

It is that simple and yet it is that beyond our ability to “figure out”, we can only “know” it by God’s revelation or to believe it by faith.

I happen to believe that Jesus, God-Incarnate, gave up His Omni’s in the Incarnation, yet retained His Divinity which Is Being a Being of Love.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.