"Jesus IS God!"?

Peace greetings ALL,

I do not espouse to the doctrine “Jesus IS God!” Nowhere in Scripture am I asked to confess or profess “Jesus IS God!” I believe that Yahshua (“Jesus”) is the son of the living Yahweh (“God”). I believe this is what the so called “New Testament” teaches and ask me to confess. I also do not believe that Yahshua pre-existed his birth and was a co-creator with Father Yahweh in the beginning. I believe that Yahshua came (was born and began) in the flesh.

To Believe “Jesus IS God!” Is To Be Deceived!

Did Yahshua Create?

I give you John 1:1-18

1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. 8 He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.

9 The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. 11 He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. 12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 (John bore witness about him, and cried out, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me ranks before me, because he was before me.’”) 16 And from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known.

Thank you

I think Ralph pretty much covered it. :thumbsup:

salaam.

Thanks. It is one of my favorite passages in the Bible, and It is in my favorite Gospel

Hmm. Doesn’t your Bible have the book of Philippians?

6 Who, 3 though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped. 4

7 Rather, he emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, coming in human likeness; 5 and found human in appearance,

8 he humbled himself, becoming obedient to death, even death on a cross. 6

9 Because of this, God greatly exalted him and bestowed on him the name 7 that is above every name,

10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bend, 8 of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, 9 to the glory of God the Father.*

Philippians 2:6-11 NAB*

Seems the statement in bold is contradicted by scripture. And in no uncertain terms.

Yes, I am quite familiar with this translation. Where in this passage does it ask me to confess the doctrine “Jesus IS God!”?

I would also would like you to note that Yahchanan [John] 1:1 does not say “… and the word was Jesus.”

Yahshua was a spokesman of Father Yahweh’s word in this last time period as Hebrews 1:1-2 makes perfectly clear. Yahshua was not the word of Father Yahweh but, the spokesman of Father Yahweh’s word. Please note the passages from the so called “New Testament” that I have posted in my signature that proves that Yahshua was the spokeman of Father Yahweh’s word.

Did Yahshua Create?

If you cannot place Jesus in that, you have issues. Where are you getting this “spokesman” business?

Read it carefully. There is the Word, the Word is with God, the Word is God, everything was created through the Word, John came to tell everyone about the Word, and the WORD WAS MADE FLESH AND DWELT AMONG US, not all of his people accepted him…

I would bet that even if it said JESUS, you would deny it.

Scripture says differently. John makes it quite clear that Jesus is not the “spokesman” of the Father’s word, but that He IS the Word.

:crying: I failed. It is the last statement, should have read the choice insteading of jumping in :crying:

Seems the statement in bold is contradicted by scripture. And in no uncertain terms.

Where in this passage does it ask me to confess the doctrine “Jesus IS God!”?

I confess that Yahshua is master. The word translated ‘lord’ is not in reference to Yahshua being Yahweh but, it is in reference to Yahshua being master. Father Yahweh gave Yahshua all power in heaven and in the earth and he can rightly be proclaimed as our master.

Did Yahshua Create?

Jesus is both “God” and “the son of the living Yahweh.” He is not, however, “One third of a triune ‘God’” because the entirety of the Godhead is contained in the divinity of each of the divine persons.

No, Yahchanan [John] 1:1 says in the translation that you have submitted “… and the word was God.”, not ‘… and the word was Jesus.’.

Did Yahshua Create?

Nowhere in Scripture does it teach "Jesus is both “God” and “the son of the living Yahweh.”

Yahweh is most certainly Yahshua’s (and our) Heavenly Father. Any simpleton knows that one can not be their own father.

Did Yahshua Create?

Well I suppose you can justify anything if you are willing to alter the definition of words.

Bye bye.

I can not place the name “Jesus” in the passage of Yahchanan [John] 1:1 for the simple fact that the name “Jesus” is not in this passage. We are commanded not to take away or add unto Father Yahweh’s inspired word.

Hebrews 1:1-2 makes it perfectly clear that Yahshua is the spokesman of Father Yahweh’s word in this last time period.

Did Yahshua Create?

Look up the definition of the English word ‘lord’ in your Funk & Wagnalls. Look the word ‘lord’ up in any Bible dictionary and you will find that this word does not always refer to Father Yahweh as translated.

Did Yahshua Create?

Gabriel of 12:

It amazes me, when I come across someone with such faith as yours in God, and yet works hard at trying to divide God? Tell me can you seperate God the Father, God the creater, and God the Spirit? God has revealed himself in all three distinct persons undivided in his Triune God head.

Who can divide God, as to question what God has done from what God can do? For God created humanity out of spittle water and dust; Why is thought unbelievable that God so loved you and I, that God himself took on flesh, to sacrifice his perfect humanity for the sin of the world?

I think it is wonderful that you believe in God:) If you cannot accept the mystery of God incarnate in Jesus, then believe in (Jesus) the works that he has done; that you may not be judged for the body, blood of Jesus.

Peace be with you

I do not work hard to try and divide Yahweh our Heavenly Father and Creator. It seems that you have divided YOUR “God” into three. Nowhere in Scripture is it taught “God has revealed himself in all three distinct persons undivided in his Triune God head.”

Elohim - Singual Or Plural?

Did Yahshua Create?

**Believe what you will but you will die in your sin on that misconception; are you a Jehovah Witness? I don’t believe the Jews tried to stone him twice and in Nazareth try to throw Him off a cliff because He said He was a “good teacher”; I believe it was because He claimed to be God.

Luke 5:20 Seeing their faith, He said, “Friend, your sins are forgiven you.” 21 The scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, “Who is this {man} who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?” 22 But Jesus, aware of their reasonings, answered and said to them, "Why are you reasoning in your hearts? 23 "Which is easier, to say, ‘Your sins have been forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Get up and walk’? 24 “But, so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins,”–He said to the paralytic–“I say to you, get up, and pick up your stretcher and go home.” 25 Immediately he got up before them, and picked up what he had been lying on, and went home glorifying God.

**Baptize them in the NAME (singular) of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Name=Onoma defined:the name is used for everything which the name covers, everything the thought or feeling of which is aroused in the mind by mentioning, hearing, remembering, the name, AKA: everything that is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit

The trinity is pretty clear in Scripture, but not to the natural man.

“BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL,” which translated means, “GOD WITH US.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.