Jesus is in everyone on the earth

Jesus is in everyone on the earth and we can serve Him there in each person we meet. He is in the good and the bad. The believers and the non-believers. Our life is to serve Him. Our meaning is to serve Him. This is our living water.

Catholics believe that everyone is made in the image of God and has infinite dignity. As Christ said, whatever we do for the least of our brothers and sisters, we do it for Him.

As for the Living Water, though, it has more to do with what Christ does for us than what we do for others. When I think about the Living Water, I think about the Waters of Baptism, Eucharist(Body and Blood of Christ), the Life of Christ offered to us by His church. That is what nourishes us, without which none of us could really live spiritually.

I deeply appreciate your message, “Seeker”. You are right in saying that Jesus, Our Lord… is in each person we meet. In the good, and in the bad. Though He suffers dreadfully, in those who lead sinful lives. Our hearts must go out to them, in humble compassion. And perhaps, our prayers and our example can help them to recover.

This was the same message given us, by so many saints in recent history. The first who comes to mind, is Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta. She saw Our Lord, suffering… in the faces of the poorest of the poor. And she spent her earthly life, seeking Him… through serving them.

May God bless you. :slight_smile:

Seeker,

My brother in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ,

you got it!

Jesus said; “Whoever receives this child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me receives him who sent me; for he who is least among you all is the one who is great.” (Lk 9:48)

As Danielle Rose (now Sister Rose Therese, a novice with the Disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ) said in her song " Jesus within you" on her CD “Mysteries”. “I see Christ, I see Jesus within you!”

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

Hi, Thanks for your post. I have found that this view is unfortunately so uncommone in Christianity.

Yes, He surely must suffer dreadfully in those that lead sinful lives. I never thought of that.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.