I believe that the JW say Jesus is Michael the Archangel,is it also true that the Seventh Day Adventism believe this also.
Hi Will, some SDA now days view Micheal as a type for Jesus.
But, in earily SDAism there were some arians that believed that Jesus was Micheal the archangel. There is even some hints of such in Ellen White’s writings:
"As Christ and the angels approached the grave, Satan and his angels appeared at the grave, and were guarding the body of Moses, lest it should be removed. As Christ and his angels drew nigh, Satan resisted their approach, but was compelled, by the glory and power of Christ and his angels to fall back. Satan claimed the body of Moses, because of his one transgression; but Christ meekly referred him to his Father, saying, “The Lord rebuke thee.” Spiritual Gifts, vol. 4a, p. 58
Jude 1:9 (New International Version)
But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”
From an offical SDA site:
Conclusion: A superficial study of Michael the Archangel, tainted with pagan ideas about the hierarchy of angels, might imply that an archangel is a created being. A more thorough study of the subject reveals that:
- The term “angel” means messenger, and does not always refer to created beings, but is sometimes used to refer to divinity.
- Greek philosophy, as well as Moslem and Roman Catholic tradition teach that there is a class of angels called Archangels. There is no Biblical basis for this teaching. The Bible never refers to a plurality of archangels, but only to “the Archangel.”
- The word Archangel is compounded from two words, archi, a prefix denoting “chief,” and aggelo, or “messenger.” He is the chief “Messenger,” linking heaven to earth.
- It is the voice of the Archangel that calls the dead from their graves. It is the voice of Christ that awakens the dead. No created being has the power to challenge the power of death.
- It is only Christ who has the power to wrest the body of Moses from the power of death making him the first known subject of His resurrecting power.
- Only Christ could cast Satan out of heaven.
- Michael your Prince in Daniel 10:21 refers to the same Person as Messiah the Prince (Daniel 9:25), The Prince of princes (Daniel 8:25), The Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6), The Prince of life (Acts 3:15), the Prince and Saviour (Acts 5:31), and the Prince of the kings of the earth. (Revelation 1:5)
which was in response to:
12: Now therefore, when thou didst pray, and Sara thy daughter in law, I did bring the remembrance of your prayers before the Holy One: and when thou didst bury the dead, I was with thee likewise.
13: And when thou didst not delay to rise up, and leave thy dinner, to go and cover the dead, thy good deed was not hid from me: but I was with thee.
14: And now God hath sent me to heal thee and Sara thy daughter in law.
**15: I am Raphael, one of the seven holy angels, which present the prayers of the saints, and which go in and out before the glory of the Holy One. **
16: Then they were both troubled, and fell upon their faces: for they feared.
17: But he said unto them, Fear not, for it shall go well with you; praise God therefore.
18: For not of any favour of mine, but by the will of our God I came; wherefore praise him for ever.
19: All these days I did appear unto you; but I did neither eat nor drink, but ye did see a vision.
20: Now therefore give God thanks: for I go up to him that sent me; but write all things which are done in a book.
21: And when they arose, they saw him no more.
22: Then they confessed the great and wonderful works of God, and how the angel of the Lord had appeared unto them.
But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia.
but first I will tell you what is written in the Book of Truth. (No one supports me against them except Michael, your prince.
The End Times ] "At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered.
[quote=Will Pick]I believe that the JW say Jesus is Michael the Archangel,is it also true that the Seventh Day Adventism believe this also.
That is our standing, yes. Jesus acts in many capacities. Son, intercessor, creator, and even warrior, and eventually savior.