Jesus Loves You very much

Hey, the guy is trying, give him a cookie for at least making the effort.

0 Likes

Well, maybe He knew how the movie would end when he produced it, but I don’t know, and I want to find out and have it be pleasant when I do.

The other thing is…the more we unite ourselves to God, the happier we are. Even a non-Christian or an atheist is uniting themself to God when they spend their time doing good things for others or improving their lives in some way other than greed, violence, materialism. Many saints suffered badly on Earth from illnesses or other hardships like prison or martyrdom and yet they were happy because they felt that closeness to God in the midst of their trials. You can think this is a crazy happy face mindset, or you can think maybe God is really there holding their hand. Your choice. I believe there’s a power bigger than us, a “power bigger than the pain,” as Everclear sang, and so I think it’s God holding their hand.

0 Likes

Well the sin was wanting to be like God. They had all the candy they wanted. I don’t live in the world you describe. I am happy, content and full of joy. Because I know God loves me. God sent His son to suffer and die for me. He forgives me so that one day I can live with him. In a place where there is no pain, suffering or free will.

1 Like

Sunday’s first reading from the Book of Wisdom is rather on point to this discussion. “Death” being a catch-all term for all bad things in general.

God did not make death,
nor does he rejoice in the destruction of the living.
For he fashioned all things that they might have being;
and the creatures of the world are wholesome,
and there is not a destructive drug among them
nor any domain of the netherworld on earth,
for justice is undying.
For God formed man to be imperishable;
the image of his own nature he made him.
But by the envy of the devil, death entered the world,
and they who belong to his company experience it.

2 Likes

What’s a materialist? I avoid labels as much as I can

0 Likes

You got it wrong. What atheists want to know is, how come God is all good but this world he created is far from that? Of course there’s good things, but why isn’t it all good? Why so much needless suffering? In the time I took to write this, countless people died in pain all over the world, many of them children

0 Likes

Gee, it’s almost like the world is fallen just like humanity! It’s almost like the sin that ruined perfection ruined perfection.

2 Likes

Except child abusers, who have to be locked away for a sexual instinct they did not choose to be born with. Why did God give them that sexual instinct? I’m nos staying their actions aren’t bad, but analyzing the root cause

0 Likes

Thank you for this reminder of Christ’s love, Converting!

Curious11, have you ever gone to a birthday party and had a guest openly mock and hate on the birthday boy? That’s what you’re doing here.

By all means, express your skepticism and your opinions. But do it at the Apologetics or Moral Philosophy forum, not in posts at the Spirituality forum that just express a Catholic faith in God’s love.

1 Like

Yes, you live a good life. What about a kid born in some slum in Somalia?

What about a kid who was gassed in Auschwitz?

Where was God there?

What about people born blind or with a deadly disease? What about people who die in earthquakes or volcanoes through no fault of any other human?

0 Likes

The OP said “it’s not God’s fault”. I answered the topic. It’s not like I made it up

0 Likes

Tis_Bearself said that “learning restraint is definitely possible”. That would apply to those attracted to children, too. They didn’t choose the instinct, but they can choose not to act on it – and then they wouldn’t be child abusers, would they?

0 Likes

Curious,
Needless suffering. My mother suffer giving birth to me.
IMO that was not needless. The Revolutionary war where many suffered and died, IMO that was not needless. We don’t always know the good that comes from suffering.

0 Likes

Right, like it’s so easy.

0 Likes

And the person at the birthday party said of the birthday boy, “He’s so well behaved”. Even if he was a complete jerk, there’s no reason to mention that at the birthday party. I really think responding to this thread was rude – indeed, it was the type of thing that YOU ought to think God wouldn’t allow, if God were so good.

1 Like

A kid that dies of bone cancer. Do you really think we need that?

You know, you say suffering is necessary almost as if, if you had the chance to erradicate it, you’d choose to not do so and instead keep it

0 Likes

I have sexual desires for both men and women that are very intense and powerful. I have never had the slightest trouble not raping one of them. (That is not to deny that those who experience attraction to children would have a very difficult cross. It’s just to say that merely “not raping” children wouldn’t be the hardest part.)

0 Likes

First of all, we don’t know if that’s due to “instinct”, as so many of them were abused themselves as children and then grow up and do the abuse on others. It may well be that if they were raised by loving parents in good, functional homes and were not abused by anyone during their formative years, they would grow up to be just fine.

Second of all, assuming it is in some percentage of cases truly inborn, we all have great capacities to do evil. I’m willing to bet that the vast majority of people have had a sexual urge at some point in their life that was really horrendously wrong, whether it was wanting to have sex with their mother or father, their sister or brother, their son or daughter, someone under legal age, an animal, have sex in public, the list goes on and on. Moral people don’t act on their instincts. And they don’t spend their whole life crying that their instinct wasn’t gratified.

I was likely born with all sorts of terrible instincts that I keep subdued. And no, I’m not going to list what they are, but I always felt some compassion for many criminals because I could understand some of their crimes. Not all - there is a line beyond which it is too much even for me and also often such gruesome crimes are not committed by people in their right minds because they are mentally ill or on drugs or something.

1 Like

I’ll repeat it because you must’ve missed it. This world is not, and never will be, perfect.

0 Likes

Are you the OP? If he or she disagrees with what I did, I’ll leave this thread. Until then, don’t talk for the OP

0 Likes

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.