Jesus 'may have visited England', says Scottish academic

I know there are a lot of historians who want to know what happened during this relatively unknown part of Jesus’ life. But it’s obvious that what is included in the Gospels is what is most important.

twinc - the full passage from Luke 2:52 reads: “And Jesus kept increasing in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.” I don’t think this states one way or another where Jesus acquired his wisdom, whether it was from other people or not.

Right, they weren’t crucifying 1000s of people like the civilized Romans. :wink:

What do you mean thought? Scotland is the edge of the world! Anywhere North of London is a bit lacking in the civilization department. Have you been down Glasgow on a Saturday night?

Point proven I think!

I have, as it turns out - although that was many years ago, and I don’t think I remembered much about it the morning after, either. :rolleyes: :stuck_out_tongue: (In fact, I seem to recall leaning out the car window a lot on the way to Church … oh, to be young, fearless, and stupid again!)

Point proven I think!

My husband asserts that Hadrian’s Wall was God’s way of keeping the barbarians (aka the English and the Romans) out of Scotland. :smiley:

I could go for a shot of Glenfiddich right about now. :slight_smile:

Or appeared wiser to those humans who saw him, anyway: But that refers to his time in Nazareth:

Luke 2:51 He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was obedient to them; and his mother kept all these things in her heart. 52 And Jesus advanced (in) wisdom and age and favor before God and man

Tha’s rubbish! :smiley:

it seems you have your nonsense rubbish information for it was the Romans who were the barbarians,as also the vikings and other invaders - just remember that it was the Brits that had the chariots and not the Romans and they also built their own roads and not the Romans for their chariots - the Druids and Culdees were highly religious and blended with and accepted Jesus and the jews and their language and culture bore similarities and they awaited the coming of their messiah named Hesus - btw Augustine and Cardinal Caesar Baronius who was a learned historian and librarian to the Vatican mention this saga as plausible whilst no such highly reputable mention is made regarding Jesus being at home or in India during the silent/missing years - twinc

Not only England but Scotland too. My late mother was heard to mutter in times of stress “Dear God in Govan!” This proves that not only was she using alliteration but was being historically accurate ( btw Govan is a district of Glasgow)

Pat

btw a good recommended paperback by an American researcher from the AIA is well worth a read.The book is titled The Traditions of Glastonbury by E.Raymond Capt[ISBN 0-934666-10-5] - twinc

It’s a pretty legend about Christ coming to England on a trip with his uncle St. Joseph of Arimathea. It’s especially beloved of Englishmen.

But I’m not going to lose any sleep over it.

The fact that a punishment that today is seen as “brutal” was used in the Roman Empire does not mean that said Empire was uncivilized. The Greco-Roman civilization is the cornerstone on which modern Western European civilization is built.

Ummm…
Just to be sure, because I’ve been known to be a slow study…You ARE kidding, right?

Yes it is …very pretty

It sounds like a fun read

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.