Jesus Movie ‘Son of God’ Cuts Obama Lookalike Who Played Satan in ‘The Bible’ Miniseries

Dang…I was hoping no one would catch that :smiley:

I’d like to go back to when movies didn’t show the face of the actor protraying Jesus or make Satan into a person.

I am actually glad they got rid of those scenes because they weren’t accurate in The Bible Miniseries. Satan temps Jesus on top of the Temple, not a mountain with no people around. The whole point of the temptation was to get Jesus to do something where is fame would be instant.

Not completely accurate. The first temptation was in the desert:

“1* a Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil. 2**(“http://www.usccb.org/bible/matthew/4#48004002-b”) He fasted for forty days and forty nights,* and afterwards he was hungry. 3The tempter approached and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, command that these stones become loaves of bread.” 4* He said in reply, “It is written:c ‘One does not live by bread alone,
but by every word that comes forth from the mouth of God.’””

And the third temptation was on a mountain:

“8Then the devil took him up to a very high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in their magnificence, 9and he said to him, “All these I shall give to you, if you will prostrate yourself and worship me.”* 10At this, Jesus said to him, “Get away, Satan! It is written: ‘The Lord, your God, shall you worship and him alone shall you serve.’”f
11Then the devil left him and, behold, angels came and ministered to him.”

These are from the NABR.

Peace

Tim

In The Bible Miniseries, the second temptation (Matthew not Luke) was not done on top of the Temple which is wrong, instead the tempt to jump was done on top of mountain which isn’t correct and what I take umbrage with. The whole point of the second temptation was to get Jesus to become famous, to make a name for himself and be a success on his own terms in a prideful way without God in the most public place possible, instead of being faithful to the way God the father wanted Jesus to execute His ministry.

The real thing will be available for the sequel in three years. :eek: Rob

Whats happening in three years?

Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I have not seen the series and I thought you were discussing the Gospel, not the miniseries.

Peace

Tim

Looks like he’s wearing a platinum/silver colored makeup.

I don’t see how that makes him look more black or more like the president, IMO it makes him look racially ambiguous and simply more supernatural. The only reason he looks more like the president there vs the candid photo of the actor is because you can’t see his hair and he doesn’t have a mustache. They just have similar facial features, I don’t see why it has to be about race nor why people should assume ill motives.

YET, no one complained about them using white guys/men as satan, but the, but they have complained about them using a black guy, you made my point, my brother! I seen the series, but now they take the same videos and sell to the public altered from original due to some thinking people are prejudiced for it having black satan, when those same people stated I am sure, that white men being depicted as such was okay! Word control over the public is nazie, not nicey! Respect And yes peace John 14:27:confused::wink:

If it were the only scene that was inaccurate you would have a point. There was so much that was inaccurate that if you took them out the film would be very short. I am more disturbed by the woman in the boat :rolleyes: not to mention the kung fu angels.

They did state they were going to produce a movie, different from the mini-series! The series was a hit, but a say most will see this is a mere act to make more money off a rather cheaply made film while changing God’s words and context of much of the meaning of those words! For what is important too think of this day, is the now finishing of God’s Mystery as He prophesy His Word creation called science would do in this day, Revelation 10:7, and more importantly, Matthew 25:34 and 5:5 as well as Rev:1:17-18 and 21:3-4… Go to the links at adamandevewordresearch.blogspot.com/ and watch the video at the bottom speaking of how the Word of God brought forth aging end, the plague first contracted by Eve in the garden! Also go too adamandeveseedgatheringministry.com/prophecy_and_the_signs and adamandeveinaction.blogspot.com/ for literal films of our Lord preparing His earth for Matthew 5:5 … It has begun…:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.