“Jesus Not Coming Back By The Looks Of It” Admits Vatican

Hello all,

I see these headlines in different blogs saying “Jesus Not Coming Back By The Looks Of It” Admits Vatican but I cannot seem to track down the original source.

1. What’s the catholic position on the second coming?
  2. What is the source of this misquote or is it completely fabricated?

My guess, because I can’t find the original source, is that it was fabricated.

The quote comes from a satirical site called Waterford Whispers. It’s a joke. People are so gullible.

:banghead:

…for good measure, here is your daily Rapture Index:
raptureready.com/rap2.html

What religion is Noahide ?

I like your sense of humour :thumbsup::signofcross:

Kohai,

The return of the Messiah is Catholic Doctrine. It has been Doctrine since the time of the Apostles. In the Catholic Church that means it cannot change. Catholic Doctrines never change. Ever. The Church does not have the authority to change Doctrine.

catholic.com/quickquestions/can-the-church-change-its-doctrines

The Noahide Laws are Jewish / Talmudic – 7 laws given to Noah by God to be observed by all humanity.

Noahide laws are either Jewish or part of a sect of Judaism.

"According to the medieval philosopher and codifier Maimonides, the legal system which Noahides are required to set up is specifically to establish punishments for infractions of the other six Noahide laws (Laws of Kings 9:14).

Nahmanides, a medieval Bible commentator, understands the obligation more broadly:

“In my opinion, the laws which the Noahides were to establish according to their seven commandments is not only to establish courts in each town, but that they were also commanded concerning theft, abuse, usury, labor relations, damages, loans, business, and the like, just as Israel was commanded to set up laws in these matters (Nahmanides, Commentary to Genesis 34:13).”

myjewishlearning.com/beliefs/Issues/Jews_and_Non-Jews/Legal_Issues/Noahide_Laws.shtml

Why oh Why are all these Protestant denominations worried about what the Catholic Church does or does not do, they should be getting on doing what they do themselves, swallowing the same media rubbish that they give out about the Catholic Church.

"If you want to know me, learn what we teach and preach.

Galatians I:8,9

But even if we or an Angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel other than the one that we preached to you, let that one be accursed. As we have said before and now I say again if anyone preaches to you a gospel other than the one that you received, let that one be accursed.

I get what you’re saying but the OP is Jewish, not Protestant.

News to me having been brought up an Orthodox Jew !!!

Admits Vatican

Almost fell of my chair laughing when I read the first post!

If this were true, even with any amount of spin, we all know that CNN, CBS, NBC, and other mainstream secular media would not be blaring this with neon-lights and fireworks from every rooftop … I mean really, look at what they did with the sex-scandal - this would be like giving narcotics to an addict!

WOW - COULD YOU JUST IMAGINE WHAT Pres. Obama would be blaring from every television, radio, blog, and podcast!

There would be mobs marching down the street with touches to burn down our Churches.

No, you see this statement picked up by the Jehovah Witness and fringe underground media…

sigh.

Hi Kohai, I apologize for sounding flippant earlier. (@CelticMaiden, we are officially a mutual admiration society.)

Catholics are less concerned with the state of affairs at Armageddon and more concerned with the state of their souls.

Let’s look at what the Church teaches, and note the Scriptures in the links I’m providing.

As soon as we die, we face our particular judgment. (New Advent Catholic Dictionary ), newadvent.org/cathen/08550a.htm) where we will be assigned one of three judgments (Heaven, Hell, or Purgatory). We will keenly be aware of our own sin. We go to our period of refinement, punishment, or reward.

This is because those both living and those who have faced their Particular Judgment will participate in the “General Judgment” of the Second Coming of Christ, when all will be aware of what we have done in our lives and how we have affected each other.

To the living who cannot know the dispositions of the souls of the dead, we appear “sleeping” until the General Judgment, or Parusia ( newadvent.org/cathen/08552a.htm). The living do not know what has happened to the souls of the dead and cannot presume to know if they are in Heaven, Hell, or Purgatory --until the Parusia (the link is really great, just scroll to the appropriate heading).

From EWTN (ewtn.com/faith/teachings/judga2.htm) and the Catechism:

"For those who have died and already have faced the particular judgment, their judgment will stand. Those living at the time of the Second Coming will receive judgment. Those who have rejected the Lord in this life, who have sinned mortally, who have no remorse for sin and do not seek forgiveness, will have condemned themselves to hell for all eternity. “By rejecting grace in this life, one already judges oneself, receives according to one’s works and can even condemn oneself for all eternity by rejecting the Spirit of love (Catechism, No. 678).”

Certain preachers and self proclaimed mystics who claim to pass on “personally interpreted truth” don’t bother to look up what the Church teaches, but this is the basis of much Church doctrine; but pass on misinformation detrimental to another’s soul instead (which is reprehensible per Lk17:2, Matt 8:16,and Mk 9:42). Be wary, friend. And be blessed.

“Since Islam is strictly monotheistic, Muslims have always been considered Noahides. Since the later Middle Ages, Jews have acknowledged that the Christian doctrine of the Trinity was not the same as idolatry, and they were also recognized as Noahides.”

What the above means, I have no idea.

myjewishlearning.com/beliefs/Issues/Jews_and_Non-Jews/Legal_Issues/Noahide_Laws.shtml

lol

:rotfl:

Ya all had me laughing so hard that I got the hiccups! :wink:

:eek::p:D:D

A Noahide is an Hasidic Gentle, as opposed to a Messianic Jew, ref. this: noahide.com/

Someone PM Jacobs, especially if you’ve been trading this thread: forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=876450

Because, in their hearts and souls, they feel the call to the one true Church of Christ, the Catholic Church just as the Prodigal Son eventually realized that he was in the wrong; however, unlike the Prodigal Son, they have not reached the point where they can admit and come back to the Father and ask for forgiveness, It will happen

In the meantime, pray for them, and as our Lord asked for mercy for all of us from the Cross, so we, as the Catholic Church, the Body of Christ, must also pray for them, endure for them, forgive them, and when the time comes, we too shall be on the Cross should the Father will it to be - so that they may be forgiven as we will be as the Body of Christ.

A Noahide is an Hasidic Gentle, as opposed to a Messianic Jew, ref. this: noahide.com/

Someone PM Jacobs, especially if you’ve been trading this thread: forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=876450

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.